Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fighterin' an FZ6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching through my local motorcycle salvage yard I came across a headlight in the bin.
I'm really digging the light itself, but, I just dont know if it flows well with the bike.
I seriously dislike the mask headight things and the LSL light is awesome but I feel like its being overused.( plus that thing is super fookin expensive !)

It looks like a honda ATV ignition like I had on my Fat Cat as a kid, but it was in a bin and wasnt labeled, anyone know what it off of ? Sticker says on road only.

what say you ?

·
Fighterin' an FZ6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
37 views and nothing ?

that light sucks . . .

that light is cool, but doesnt fit the build . . .

get off our site you **** . . .

nothing ?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I'm not a fan of boxy headlights it looks ok from the side but how about pic of the front of the bike with it mounted that way people can see what it looks like and give their opinions.

·
Fighterin' an FZ6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
94YZF - Ill take a pic from the front when the rain lets up, hopefully at some point today.

eata - thats where the problem lies, if i lower the light more than a couple of inches i wont be able to reach the ignition and/or see the lights (hi beam/turn/oil)

Im not set on the light though, If anyone has a suggestion please feel free to post up !

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Its cool in the way that its got the indicators and ignition switch built in but other than that its fucking ugly. Function over form and all I get that but it wont flow with the rest of the bike if its sitting that high and I doubt you'll get anywhere close to decent light output with that thing until you do install some serious shit inside it. Is THAT the input you were looking for?

·
Fighterin' an FZ6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Its cool in the way that its got the indicators and ignition switch built in but other than that its fucking ugly. Function over form and all I get that but it wont flow with the rest of the bike if its sitting that high and I doubt you'll get anywhere close to decent light output with that thing until you do install some serious shit inside it. Is THAT the input you were looking for?"

yes, thank you.

SEB, if I dont end up using it, well work something out.

Reactions: Jackstand Johnny

·
Fighterin' an FZ6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After searching google for a bit I found it. its from a honda urban something or another moped.
The light isnt doing it for me on this build, but, I think ill hold on to it for the time being.

Anyone have any headlight ideas ?

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Other than the obvious like a bucket or duals you could make a "bezel" or "mask" to house whatever light like an HID that would follow the top angle of the tank. A lot harder than it sounds I know. What direction are you going with the bike? Mild streetfighter or cafe style or something totally wild?

·
Fighterin' an FZ6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mild streetfighter for sure. I tried using fiberglass for the first time the other day;
results were not too good. think ill keep practicing for now, lol. no custom bodyworlk for the
time being. thinking of going with the V rod headlight.
relocating the lock mechanism away from the upper triple and thinking about mounting
the vrod light to the upper triple.

JJ = Im from VA, whereabouts are you there ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts