Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here. Made the obligatory post in the newbs section so now i'm here. My present fast bike build is your bog standard B12 with a turbo (Garrett hybrid in this case) and some USDs. It's even got Domis. Haha.

Used in all weathers:

Often seen in states of absolute filth:

Always fun:

(Black line is mine :) )

Sees hard road use:

Been tracked:

(@5psi)

But does occasionally see some love:

The bike is presently apart for maintenance, replacing of various fuel system components and the lifting of the boost pressure from 5 to 6 psi. So I guess i'll pick up the project from here. Vital stats are:

Stock motor
MB customs built Garrett based turbo system with further optimisation work by me
External wastegate setup with screamer pipe
MTC locking clutch
Barnett clutch internals
Pingel Hi flow twin fuel tap
Sytec 3017 fuel pump
Malpassi FPR @ 6psi flow
Stock 36mm carb bodies with modified needles and sliders
136 main jets
Powdercoated frame/Swingarm
K6 GSXR 600 front end/MC on stock Bandit bearings
K5 GSXR 600 calipers
Domis
Airblade screen
Pro Taper bars + risers
Pro Boost swingarm extensions + 6"
EK DRZ2 530 drag chain
WP fully adjusable external reservoir shock
Cam/cam oil links
Dynotek Mini coils
Silicone leads
cheapy track rearsets
A16 shotgun style undertray
Matt blacked
wrapped headers

Dyno'd
181 rwhp 119 lb/ft @ 5 psi
200 rwhp 135 lb/ft @ 6 psi

Roughly 45,000 miles on motor, 150psi across the barrels, last check two exhaust valves 1 thou out on clearance, rest spot on.

Lil video of it on the strip battering my mate on his 2005 CBR1000R with power commander/akrapovic pipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2gQaAPrAG0

So far it's had front pads (after chiselling the remains from the vent holes on the disc - anyone else get this?) front wheel bearings, sprocket carrier bearing, oil/filter, new vacuum hosing/clips, exhaust gaskets etc. as general maintenance

Plans are:
New wastegate with 6 psi spring so i can simply swap them over when i want a bit more poke, new fuel pump as this one is tired, new bandage on headers, new FPR, Respray matt black, more suitable gearing for the strip (-3 on the rear) and bring the axle toward the uttermost extension on the rear, new lights/indicators, other stuff that escapes my mind at the moment...

Stuff, pretty much. Aim is to push into the 9's at this year's Bulldog bash. Involves me running 130 miles up there loaded with camping gear, pounding down the strip everyday and then hammering back down again loaded back up. With mates and beers, good time.

Will update as I go if anyone is interested, only on one other forum and they don't really have a custom bent so I think this belongs here along with my CG project...

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
welcome! absolutely love it! we around here love turbo bike builds.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Awesome to both projects! More pics of them? I just picked up a gsxr1100 in December so I can't decide if I'll stuff it in my 750 frame and then turbo it or just turbo it. The dyno numbers on a stock engine are reassuring.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will probably knock up another thread on the cg, it's more of a custom than the bandit is anyway. I have more pics of the bandit of course will update when i get home.

Oil burner motors are obviously legendary for strength, don't need to say that here. Over the top oil system and strong bottom end and gearbox make them good for 8psi stock or 10psi on race fuel, enough for 260hp and 300 hp respectively at the tyre. I run mine conservatively for longevity and the ability to stay alive on the road haha.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then go again...

Rear shocker:

Smoothing rear end:

Bit o'wirin.

Hi flow!!!11!!!11!1:

Few more on the move pics:

Me with my then Girlfriend on her SP2 ^^

How it used to look, 3 long years ago....

And a bonus few teaser pics of the CG125:

How that started out:

Hmmm think I might go fit the brake pads and sprocket carrier bearing to the Bandit now.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
You need a windowed clutch cover to show off that sexy lockup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carrying on work wth the bandit:

New sprocket carrier bearing beat in using the heat to the rim and bearing in the fridge method lol.

Couldn't for the life of me remember why I was so keen to change the bearing. It was feeling ok. When I prised the dust cover off I remembered that it was because the bike was going for a dyno session and the sprocket bearing had failed. In my haste the only one I could find was an open bearing, should be sealed.

Hub pins cleaned up (scrubbed with emery cloth) and lightly greased ready for the new 42t sprocket.

Headers rewrapped - due to the way the pipes are arranged, in order for the turbo setup to fit behind the front wheel, header wrap is an absolute necessity in order to prevent the exhaust system using the oil cooler as a heatsink.

Looking rather bare at the moment, lets rebuild it!

Remember what I was saying about pad material buidling up in the vent holes of the disc? the bottom holes have been punched out, the top holes are how they start out. How much material can really be in them?

Lots. And to prove how often I do this, I can tell you there are 64 vent holes in the discs of a 2005 GSXR 600, not many people can tell you that off the top of their head.

That done, and having already cleaned up the forks, parts start going back on the bike.

Turbo assembly bolted back up with new exhaust gaskets.

New UK made Ramair tubing with a 6mm internal/10mm outer. Should prevent ballooning. The old pipework used to visibly expand under load at 5psi, so upping the boost this is probably a good idea.

Forks back in. At this point I decided I didn't like the Dommies anymore so started tarting with a new big headlight. not sure what it's off, but it's all metal and has the 'S' for Suzuki stamped on it.

Came out rather nice I think. My mate told me I'd need a new screen as you can't cut the airblades without cracking them. I laughed and proceeded to dremel the screen to the right shape, turned the brackets inside out, bent them the other way and redrilled them and bob's your uncle... new screen.

Front wheel back in with cleaned and painted discs and new bearings.

With a new filter...

Out of pics, nex post...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blurry (sorry) pic of the bike's side profile with the other headlight:

Hanging by a thread...

Well not quite. But new cables definitely a good idea.

Carbs back in with new cables. I haven't put the plenum back on yet as I want to change the silicone joining pipes for new ones as they look gash.

A demonstration of the difference in the vacuum pipes I changed.

Rearsets off for stripping/regreasing/cleaning.

Much better.

Gotta have shiny carbon.

Along with the wastegate this is the most important mod to go on the bike concerning it's strip time. Using the same chain, a 42t sprocket goes on the rebuilt hub, giving more suitable strip gearing and at the same time allowing the extensions to reach their potential. She now sits at a full fat 62" wheelbase, which is impressive considering the front forks shorten the wheelbase by 1.5" compared to standard.

This is how she sits at the moment. I still need to make a new torque rod, fit a new pump/regulator/wastegate, get the valve clearances checked and so on. But the chassis is ready for abuse...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brakes, with new pads and freshly bled with 5.1 fluid, back on with repolished mudguard.

celebrated by wheeling it outside for the first time in 2 weeks, got some pics of the new stance and length.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello fellow Brit, nice bike. But tell me more about the little Honda. What's the plans?
Now has it's own thread, here:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108114

Pariah, I use AP racing 5.1 fluid as it's about the best on the market and has a much higher boiling point than 4. As far as I'm concerned there is no reason to use 4 in a bike when 5.1 is available. This bike is immensely heavy (just heavy in general lol) on brakes, especially when hauling down repeatedly from 1/4 mile/mile runs. I have boiled dot 4 fluid in it and had the lever go to the bars on the road. I have also disintegrated EBC brake pads in it.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
That's pretty impressive, but I'll admit that I've never boiled brake fluid before, not even on seriously large trucks. But if it's necessary for your bike, it's all good. I'm a DOT4 man myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts