Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
V4's FTW
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to keep this for myself, but have had some life changes and need to get rid of it.

I am selling the bare machine only - there are no hoses, ground, torch, cooler, regulator, amptrol, etc. Just the machine on its wheeled tank cart.

The unit can be run on single phase 208/230 or 480 3 phase. Currently configured for 230 single, I can set it up for your choosing.

I can power the machine up to show it works, but you will need to bring your own torch leads and accessories if you want to do any test welds. Unit does stick welding as well as AC/DC GTAW.

I am the second owner, it was bought new and used for welding sheetmetal prior to me getting it. Digital copies of the machine manual and schematics included.

Asking $1000 obo, may be able to help deliver.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Bump for a good dude and a good machine.
A little input, if Seb doesn't mind...

My work used one of these... in an industrial setting, mind you... for a few decades. It now resides in my garage and I fully expect another few decades out of it. These things are SOLID, and replacing the odd part here and there is usually pretty cheap.
The only downside is they're not physically small (read: they're pretty fuckin big) so it may not be a good option for those of us with limited workspace. They will, however, do just about anything you want to do with them, and they offer about as much arc control as you can get without going digital which is 3x the cost.
Even without peripherals this is a pretty good price.

If you don't have them, a decent hose and torch will run you around $150. Connections are pretty standardized so if you or a buddy have one laying around or you find something used on Craigslist, just make sure the torch will handle the amperage you want to run and you'll be good.
The only other component missing here is the water cooler, which can be had used from $100-1000 or could be DIY'd pretty easily... it's just a tank, radiator, pump, and electric fan. Hell, most of us could probably rig one up out of bike parts we have laying around :D

Anyways, this is a great option for someone looking to upgrade to a more capable machine and if you're new to the game, you can get this and never have to worry about having to upgrade for capability.
If you're thinking about shipping or picking it up, be aware they do weigh around 500lbs or so.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
The only other component missing here is the water cooler, which can be had used from $100-1000 or could be DIY'd pretty easily... it's just a tank, radiator, pump, and electric fan. Hell, most of us could probably rig one up out of bike parts we have laying around :D
Not sure the water cooling is needed really. But for a budget DIY setup, I've read where some guys on other forums simply ran their garden hose through them.

·
V4's FTW
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't mind the input at all, thanks.

Water cooler isn't needed, but is nice to have, and this machine is ready to accept one. Spare bike radiator, fan, bucket, hoses, and a 110v home heat circulation pump would be the perfect diy project.

3500mi is a bit far, but I can help load here and maybe even deliver and help unload.

Need this thing to go, need cash and the space, thanks for looking!

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
I don't understand why this hasn't sold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts