Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little help ??
Gonna put DB bars on my gixxer !!:squid:
Will any of the cables or brake lines be long enough or will i need all new ones. That will suck if i do cuz i just got it togeather :(

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
I'm a nutty englishman so i don't know what you mean exactly by DB bars, but i'm asuming ya on about MX bars (renthals etc) if thats the case you will almost certainly need longers brake hoses and if you not already running braided hoses (why not!) then get some made up to fitt ya ride, over here! they ain't that expensive and you'll notice the improved braking power and feel straight away, next to good tyres the brake lines are one of the first things i uprate on any bike i own. Thottle cable should be ok, tho!you may have to reroute it as for the speedo drive i don't know if ya bikes cable driven or digital if it's cable driven you can buy extender cables for not a lot of cash, I've got a 4" extension on my Gix and it cost me a Fiver.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bro :LolLolLolLol:
Yes i did mean MX bars :D
I do the same with mine and also put braided lines on it and my 1,000. I got the gauge cluster from another 1,000 on the 750 and it's digital and doesn't realy keep the right mph anyway. Guess I'll just redo it again and save the front brake lines for another bike or something ???

thanks again !!

Shit !!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
def. need brake lines.

you can sometimes get away with the throttle and clutch cables. i just had to reroute my clutch cable under the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts