Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
you need a bunch of ziplock baggies, a sharpie and some rubbermaid bins to keep your parts in. hope you find yer stuff quick.

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Turbo oil tank has been modified, as I couldn't fit the fittings onto a couple of the mounts thanks to lack of space. Hoping that all will fit okay now with a relocated -8 oil return and -6 oil pressure reg return too.
Oil fittings sorted for the turbo, just got to mount the oil pump and regulator, which I keep putting off as there's fuck all room and it makes my head hurt...

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Oh, I did some things...
Well, not a huge lot, but small steps, right?

You may, or may not, be able to see from this pic that the oil return fitting on the turbo is very, very close to the bracket on the rear engine mount that holds the oil pump. So that needed clearancing, and the bracket needed a threaded stud welding on it as there wasn't enough room for a bolt for the rubber mounting points.
The engine mount, and the mounting support for the pump, were painted while they were out.

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
The bits were taken to a grown up to be welded together (thankyou FBM), then the weld was sanded down so the join couldn't be seen, and a short meeting with the bench polisher, and some Smoothrite black, and job was jobbed. I also gave the other heat shield a bit of T&C too.

·
Registered
989 Posts
according to the magic marker your reg/rec is upside down ;)
it's gonna be mayhem downstream of that in your electrical system; upside-down power flow usually leads to cascading failures. Happened to me once when I accidentally fitted an Aussie race battery without checking

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
according to the magic marker your reg/rec is upside down ;)
thatll def make it fail sooner since the heat sink is the topmost portion of the casing. putting the heat sink at the bottom will make it more susceptible to overheating

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Look closer funny guys, it's the bracket (the bracket, not the reg/rec) that had the marking "top^"... the bracket that I changed my mind about and mounted it slightly different o that it wouldn't interfere with other stuff ;-)
(Note to self - mark other parts with misleading notes and arrows to confuse onlookers and stimulate conversation)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
(Note to self - mark other parts with misleading notes and arrows to confuse onlookers and stimulate conversation)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

goddamn diabolical.

301 - 316 of 316 Posts