Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a longer shift rod after fabbing up some footpeg risers for the Bandit. The stock one works but it's uncomfortable to shift as it's just barely long enough. I'd need something about 1" to 1.5" longer, as long as it's adjustable.

Any suggestions? I tried calling Vortex for a replacement part, as I think 'Busa rearsets fit on this bike, but the rep told me they have different rearsets for that bike and I'd need a part number.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Steve's sells the rearsets with 2 different size shift rods that come with it . Maybee see if Adam or Steve can hook you up ??

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
chinasteve or 929adam

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
fotocycle said:
Sorry, new here - Steve or Adam?

Sorry bro, I'm an idiot ! Yes.... 929 Adam = custom fighters
China Steve = Grand Dragon gear

And I would like to see a close up pic of your rearsets please :D

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries, I had seen adam929 but wasn't sure if we were thinking about the same guy. I'll PM them both to ask about this.

Thanks for the info, guys - and I'll see if I can't take a pic of the new stuff tonight when I get home. My buddy and I just made some plates to raise the whole peg mount.

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
as long as you have a tap and die set and a micrometer, just buy some steel stock at the right gauge, and fab it up would take maybe 15-20 minutes.

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did, all I get is links to bike shops that I know not to be junkyards (since I've been to most of them). There are a few places that will find me used parts, and some that have bikes in the back, but not a big selection and they won't let me walk around for an hour twiddling with all the bikes' shift linkages.

I saw one from Lockhart Phillips (yuck) at my fave shop, I'll swing by this weekend and see if it will measure up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts