Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to play on it today 2013 monster 796

When me and my buddy got pulled over today it came to the officers attention that my friends license was SUSPENDED ( only cuz of a stupid insurance mixup) but because of that he couldn't ride anywhere and was lucky they didn't take him to jail. But because if his misfortune I got to play around on it. First time I've ever ridden a twin.....ill stick to my i4 for know. It's a fun bike don't get me wrong I would ride the hell out of it but the power is not the same. I may go play on it again tomorrow and see if my opinion on the twin changes.

It is sexy though with the sssa and that rim

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wanna trade rear wheels?

Don't make your mind up on a 796 twin
What is the best twin to ride? I would think Ducati would make the best twin. I almost bought 1 a 04 900? Monster instead of the r1 I'm glad I made the design I did

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
The biggest one stuffed in a sport bike is the best to ride. More torque is more better!

Just saying not to make your mind up on twins based on this one bike. I can't see the picture anymore at work, but you need to ride one with free flowing exhaust.

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Dude, I love that bike!!! RAWR!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Jealous.

Also, if you're gonna judge a twin against an I4, especially an R1, don't use the middle-weight... try a Monster 1100.

They just water cooled the hypermotard... so I'd think another water cooled Monster isn't far behind.:robssmilie:

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
A water cooled monster and hyper would cross over into the same market share. I would guess ducati would go back to air cooled for the monster. Not sure how long they can be competitive with air cooled and emissions compliant though.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
That Duc is a baby. Throw your leg over a big boy twin then tell us what you think.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A water cooled monster and hyper would cross over into the same market share. I would guess ducati would go back to air cooled for the monster. Not sure how long they can be competitive with air cooled and emissions compliant though.
Dunno... They've gone on 6 years now sharing motors both air cooled. And to be honest... style is quite different, and sitting on them is TOTALLY different.

Seeing as monsters came both air and water cooled in the past... my guess is they will do that again. The Monster options are kinda flooded with 696, 796, and 1100... leads to "why buy a 796". At least when all are offered in the same market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts