Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a silly question, but do I need the temp gauge? Or.. Can I replace it with a smaller separate one or just keep the stock one which is very small anyway and just hook up the wiring elsewhere? Looking at the danmoto cockpit which is looking pretty good, but haven't had a look at koso or vapor gauges yet. Opinions?

Link to danmoto

http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/danmoto-180-digital-cockpit-product-389.html

·
Jarhead Supreme
6,487 Posts
I personally haven't been running a temp gauge, but I always do a mental check on how hot the bike feels, fans are working, etc. Granted, in the event that something does crap out in the middle of riding, a temp gauge will tell you instantly the bike is getting hot, were going off feel would tell you she's overheated when it may be too late.

I prefer being lighter and having less clutter on my bike.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
What year is your bike?

I have the 2000 GSXR750, and the only gauge I have is a mechanical temp gauge that I snatched off the ZX I parted, so to answer ur question..no..it doesn't need the stock gauge to run...although I agree with orleanyte with having one for early warning

My fan is also disconnected, the weather around here has been crap so I don't really need it at this point but I will put in a toggle for stop and go traffic here pretty soon

I've been looking for a mechanical(meat thermometer style) gauge that I can screw into a T that I've installed in my rad. Hose
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370874588.708805.jpg
Here you can see the T I installed and the oil pressure gauge just above it, it runs about 80psi on start up, 55-60psi at hwy speed and about 20psi at idle

Any temp gauge will work, good luck:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: n0regret5

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It's a 93, it has a fan over ride switch too. Will just see how I go, I like the way it's mounted on yours whiplash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts