Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Everything is simple...
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I'm not sure WHICH bike I'm looking for.

I'd like something older (80's - 90's).

I'd like a v-twin, but I'm open to others. (nohomo)

I'd like to try a shaft drive, but I'll settle with a chain.

I'd like a single shock rear suspension.

And biggest of all... if it's a kick start, that's winner-winner chicken dinner!!!

Anyone have any suggestions?
I've looked at the Viragos, but the starter issues and no kickstart have me thinking there's something better out there.

Thanks in advance.

Sympul

·
639 Posts
I was riding then, but didnt watch models the way I do now. However I actually know of an older bike in damn near mint condition with a shit load of extras. Might be more than what your looking to spend though, and too far away. I cant rattle the model off at the moment but I think it is a suzuki , vtwin, 800 maybe. Shat drive and carbs. Unmolested for the word go. Almost factory fresh.

·
Everything is simple...
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TLS!

I'm really just looking for people's input on what's out there. I only started riding the last 5 years or so, and I have no knowledge on the older bikes.

If people have a favorite then shout it out, I'll take a look at it and start doing some reading up on them. But at this point, I don't even have a direction to start searching in.

Thanks again.

Sympul

·
639 Posts
its a suzuki vx or vtx 800 , ive looked at this bike several times thinking it might make a cool platform. But it has a lot of what your looking for, not sure on the kicker though. Try searching for that. Its a standard bike, not too different than a nighthawk. Maybe a little more on a cruiser setting. Pretty basic bike.

I found a bunch of projects but if you flip through this page you can see it out of stock form
http://vx800-restoration.blogspot.com/

The more I think about it, the more this might be might next project

·
537 Posts
I would throw the CX500/CX650 and turbo variants out there. I want one to cafe/fighter but I'm having a hard enough time funding my GL project.

Sent from CyanogenMod 7 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Pic addict
2,001 Posts
Electric start and chain drive but otherwise close... Yamaha TR1

Lotsa grunt & potential once you strip the factory crap off. I had a bobber version way back when but here's a CR & FT for inspiration.

Reactions: tlstreak
1 - 8 of 8 Posts