Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I’m working on a co-workers ‘90 Nt650. A previous owner did an absolute hack job on the rear subframe and attempted a “custom” electronic tray and other interesting design features. Needless to say, it’s not going back the way it came to me.

I bought a ‘01-02 R6 tail section to mock-up. It’s side profile isn’t bad but it’s really wide so I’m looking for something a bit narrower and suited for the slimmer V-twin frame.

He would prefer having a pillion seat but not required. I want something with soft curves to flow with the soft curves of the tank (which we believe is from a Cbr600F2). Fabricating a custom subframe isn’t out of the question but I want to keep completely custom body work as a last resort.

Any suggestions?

Later, Doug

·
11,128 Posts

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,392 Posts

RS125 seat be nice
My thoughts as well. I was going to attempt an RS or NSR/NSF tail on my Hawk but went with the old Monster seat (because lazy)

·
Super Moderator
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$197 from airtech and probably in stock
I was looking at a bunch of their products earlier but mostly Ducati and Suzuki tails. No idea why I didn’t check the Honda section. DOH!

It’d be nice if they gave some sort of shipping estimate online or had an online store for that matter. I guess I’ll give them a call Monday.

Thanks.

Later, Doug

Reactions: CK 187

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Did a quick'n dirty photoshop of an old ad with this tail. Honda Unveils Its 185 pound (wet) Moto3 Race Bike « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews
Tail Section - NSF250R - Fiberglass - Stock shape (rscycles.com) -$230 price tag....

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Second round is with a 98 rs125r tail 1998 Honda RS125R NX4 RS125 - RMD Motors

can't really say much in terms of dimensional accuracy as I just googled a bunch, then messed around in photoshop but figured it may help to visualize.

·
Super Moderator
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the photoshop RLD! Really helps me out.

Sebspeed, the bottom of the Monster seat has been butchered with what looks like a hacksaw. The latch has been removed and some other “mods” done.

He and I both kind of want something cooler looking than a Monster seat. He wouldn’t mind having a passenger section which will be lost with any race tail unless I decide on some cutting and fiberglass work.

Easiest solution is reusing the Monster tail with a new better fabbed subframe but where’s the fun in that? Lol

Later, Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts