Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure I saw the pic here, probably in the "Interesting Bike" thread, but that's so huginormous and fast moving, I'd be digging for days and still miss it.

I think the bike was a Bandit, they'd either built a custom frame or chopped the front head tube off. Instead of a head tube, here was a beefy plate that two massive rod ends screwed into, and the fork steerer ran through the rod ends. Probably wasn't an ideal setup in terms of low weight or smooth bearing action, but it had the advantage of easily allowing some adjustment to the rake angle.

Anybody able to locate this picture?

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, wasn't a FFE of any variety. Just (inverted) telescopic fork with custom triple clamps, built so the steerer was running though two huge (like 1") rod ends that bolted to the frame. The rod ends just replaced the head tube, otherwise was a 'normal' front end.

That one doesn't seem to be putting any side load on the rod ends (the ones I can see), the one I'm thinking of most certainly did, but could have been designed not to.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hyperpro gsxr?
Also not the one I was thinking of, lol. The one I had in mind was much heavier looking, and had the frame painted in metal flake. More muscle bike that track bike. That one does seem to be using the same basic concept I was thinking of though (maybe even better implemented) and I think it cropped up in the same thread.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never seen those pictures, but could be same bike. I think the paintjob was different, maybe even was a different bike from the same company. Is good enough for my purposes, since it shows the design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts