Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is a ratty gsx750f pre 98 model.

I would like to fit longer forks (probably approximately 4" or so) to give it more of a survival bike look. Is there an economical way of doing this? USD forks would be cool but are too expensive too, as are stepped yokes, so can anything be done to my existing forks?

I have found fork diameter lists and head bearing lists of various bikes online so is it a case of finding a full front end then making it fit?. I am new to bike modifications so any help appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
mebee you can find a pair of fork extensions ? Get some made outah SS tube?

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Frank's Forks is an online company that has been making custom fork tubes for decades. I know a guy who got a pair made for a CB chopper and they were about $250 to his door. Really not awful considering the costs of the alternatives.

I think the longest USD forks come off of Yamaha's.

A four inch fork extension is bad idea. I like ya, Robbo, but that's a no-go :fu:

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Frank's Forks is an online company that has been making custom fork tubes for decades. I know a guy who got a pair made for a CB chopper and they were about $250 to his door. Really not awful considering the costs of the alternatives.

I think the longest USD forks come off of Yamaha's.

A four inch fork extension is bad idea. I like ya, Robbo, but that's a no-go :fu:

http://www.billskimods.com/ForkExtensions.htm

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
I hava 4" extension it issa wee bit floppy tho ;)

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts