Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some inspiration. I want a Mono rear shock, Aluminum frame, Air or oil cooled engine and 100HP+, only Ideas I have come up with so far are... older GSXR 750cc+ Older Duc Moster. Or something that might be interesting is a newer style aluminum frame with an older engine. something kind Muscle bike like but not really a track bike or cafe. I really like V twins too.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
XR650L motor into an XR650R chassis.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I'm looking for something like a V twin or inline 2-3-4 that can actually rev

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Air cooled. Everyone keeps forgetting the air cooled part

Tough to get both. You're basically describing a Ducati Monster/Multistrada, and the vast majority of stuff with aluminum frames will be liquid cooled. You're probably going to have to do an engine swap, so just pick a frame you like and a motor you like.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Many MANY years a go I saw (in the UK) an aircooled GSX1100 in an alloy oilcooled GSXR frame. At the time the GSXR's were fairly new and the
GSX's (ET / EX / EFE / ESD / etc) ruled the horsepower and drag strips
with huge options for big bores, cams, turbos and everything else.

Never really looked into doing it as the R&D into aftermarket GSXR and Bandits snowballed and they became a serious competitor for the older oilcooled lumps.

Would make an interesting project.
I'm sure there was something that made it a pain in the arse though ?
Maybe you couldn't remove the cam cover in the frame or something ?

Tony.J.

G

·
Any oil cooled suzuki gsxr/bandit lump in a gs/gsx steel frame theres loads of parts out there & its an easy swap

Going the other way & sticking an air cooled gs/gsx lump in a gsxr ali frame looks great & has rarely been done because its a major job with loads of fabrication work needed to the frame

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I might consider the gsxr oil boilers or an older GS motor in a modern frame, i really like the gs1100 and i would love a air cooled monster m900 but only 65hp is sad i might do a water cooled S4 and hide the radiator under the tail. Hmm I'll keep my options open for now as i have plenty of time to look around. Till then a friend has convinced me to grab a local Vfr800 gen 5 (1999). Mint condition low KMs for under €2000. Then save some cash and do the air/oil cooled bike later with a better budget and better options.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts