Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Yes your fuel line is 10mm but why fit a filter as there is one in the tap & the only other thing you should really need is a clean tank!

Inline filters tend to cause more fuel delivery problems than anything else in my experiance

+1 on that, when ever I am getting debris in the carbs the first thing I do is pull the petcock and clean out the tank as good as I possibly can. Only time I run a fuel filter in most cases are on dirtbikes where sand and silt get everywhere all the time and it's just far easier to refuel in the lot before heading back into the woods without wasting time in the hot summer sun making sure everything is squeaky clean.

And the only time I run them on street bikes is when the petcock is damaged and the screen is missing, or the tank is rusty and shedding shit into the fuel. I am "ratty" after all, so I will put a band-aid on a bullet wound and just keep riding most of the time. :D

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Just goes to show that we ask have different opinions and experiences. I dont doubt the credibility of the guys who've posted up here at all, but I never run without an inline fuel filter. But I only use paper element filters. They actually filter. The sintered elements like posted above let a lot of trash through. Just my personal expertise, of course.

I've actually never seen true proof one way or the other even though I'm not a huge filter guy myself, and the stories I've even heard of filters restricting flow were few and far between. My YZ has a paper element as well as everything else sporting a filter that I own. Never really had luck with the cone type ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts