Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this bike because it was CHEAP. Looking for ideas on what to do with it. Maybe bobber.....Maybe chop it.... gonna make up some clamps for it but can't decide what else.... lol

Attachments

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
When it comes to XS650's I'm partial to flat trackers.
+1 on the street tacker...

But if it's destine to be a chopper. I prefer the "frisco" style over anything else out there. Stretched back bone, short wheel base with out huge rake on the frontend, small tank, low bars and skinny tires.

Knida like this:

But let me just pop in a Mule built tracker to give you something to chew on :D

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Damn it, this is turning into the "Don't look here unless you want to go straight to craigslist looking for a XS650 project bike." thread...

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Damn it, this is turning into the "Don't look here unless you want to go straight to craigslist looking for a XS650 project bike." thread...
RIGHT! sadly there so damn popular now that its hard to find em for under $1200 in my town. I remember the good old days when you could find them for $400 or so all day long.

G

·
It depends on how far you want to go with it to be honest, the frames are a pain to mod & going for a chop/bobber style will mean losing most of it if you want it really clean, if it was me wanting that style i'd keep the headstock & throw the rest of the frame

If you want clean & pretty imho flat track is the way to go with it, clean simple & pretty easy to do without too many major mods

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
If I hadn't gone full short chop on mine I would have probably leaned towards something like the green Haiwa.

Pretty cool machine, and being a metalworker, the stuff that needs to be done to get to this (or a short chop) point is pretty straight forward. No different than working on any other vintage jap frame.

The Haiwa has a gooseneck on it too. I think that pushes the front out a bit much for the short rear to match, but overall it seems like a balanced style.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.