Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Yamaha R6 and would like to get inverted front forks. I guess I dont know the difference between a "normal" set up versus triple trees.. I thought I did but then I couldnt tell my friend who was asking.. but I know I want inverted forks. I want then to look as clean as possible and will be relocating the speedo to the tank, and the ignition to the rear,so the only think on it would be on the forks are the fork clamps, the handlebars, and the headlight clamps.

I think the idea of getting the upper and lower triple made custom would be great. Completely flat on top, with clips made for some handle grips, then on the front of it have the headlight mounts on there. maybe even have the ignition built into the top triple if possible. that would be ideal but unless I can find a designer for free then I dont think it will happen...

So what models are a near direct swap and any suggestions would be great.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Have a look in the R6 build thread I did (I think its linked in my sig) I did a swap using mostly first generation R1 parts. I used R1 triples and forks. Pressed the stem out of the R6 into the R1 triple. The R6 wheel and calipers both direct swap, I think you will need an R1 fender though. Pretty easy as far as fork mods go. If you want some custom yokes, talk to Yantosh with Blunt Force Trauma, he does some mean machining.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts