Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Young at heart, and body
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Yamaha R6 and am thinking about doing a sssa. I want to know what model of swing arm I should be in the market for to make this as easy as possible. So that at most I have to insert spacers to align, and if you have those spacer specs that would be great! I would also like the low down on what else I could need, ie brake calipers (if my current wouldnt work), rim specs, etc. I would be running on a tight budget this summer but would be interested in looking into this as it make a bike look super clean.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65700

·
Young at heart, and body
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone use a 996 swingarm on an R6 yet? I think I have the general idea for the pivot mount now just need to figure out linkage/suspension and what not.
Here are a few things I have no clue where to start on:

I think the ducati 996 swingarm I am looking at comes stock with a 525 sprocket on it, would I be able to use my current sprocket or are they mot that universal?
What about brakes? Would those mount up in there as well or do they make smaller ones for sssa's?
For the pivot mount I know the Ducati width is 244mm and the R6 mount is 257mm. What so I need for spacers, do I just split the difference and make two 6.5mm spacers so it doesnt slide around but then I know I need to deal with chain alignment..
What modifications do I need to deal with for suspension mounts? This is what I have so far..
Ducati 996

98-02 Yamaha R6

Rep to all that help because I sourced a swinger with sprocket, axle, upgraded spring, for $190 after shipping and a rim + tire for $180 after shipping.I asked the seller if it has the breaks on it currently and if it does that will save me from having to get one for that but otherwise I will get a brembo caliper for 75-100.
Any help is welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts