Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official Build Thread:
Loopyone's CBR600fv EVOLUTION

Alright all this is my cbr600fv i have perviuosly built it and now i want to build it again lol
my plans so far are 2000 F4 tank custom subframe to take stubby zx6r 08 seat unit possible zx6r swing arm upside downies and a fireblade engine fingers crossed excess brakets to be ground of powder coating a few other bits aswell but not doing much work at mo so slowly slowly for me.I was going to be doing all the work outside but the bloke next door is letting me use he's half open garage which is :metal:
If anyone has got a mig welder I've got a cbr600f jellymould project to swap with.
This is what im working from;

And maybe going somthing like this;

·
Customfighters UK
4,350 Posts
Re: Loopyone's CBR600fv buildoff discussion

sorry man but....... dont do the tank send it me sooo i can ummmmmmmmm.... use it lol
cool ideas man

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

sorry man but....... dont do the tank send it me sooo i can ummmmmmmmm.... use it lol
cool ideas man
No worries mate in post now you should get it tomorrow it wont look as good as my ideas anyway LOL

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Aint done anything today to the build on scrounge for free parts not much luck. Been looking at maybe fitting a zx6r swing arm but looks like i will have problems fitting the top shock mount.I might just get mine braced to give it a beefyer look.I have also been thinking of putting my tank on a hinge and using a gas strut from the boot of a car as it really piss's me of having to take the tank on and of every time i want to do somthing what you guys think?

·
Customfighters UK
4,350 Posts

the hinge idae is mine bitch.... no honest check my build off thread with plans! its ok you ca copy them

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Sorry bro did'nt notice i'll probaly leave it then!!!

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts

punk your such a little bitch, jumpin all over his shit and making him feel bad.

just kidding. to both of you thats a cool idea. I say do it and see whos turns out better:knucks:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

punk your such a little bitch, jumpin all over his shit and making him feel bad.

just kidding. to both of you thats a cool idea. I say do it and see whos turns out better:knucks:
Cheers man he's a shit lol

Not done anything yet really as i been all flued up and had gladuluar fever great fun lol should have a mig welder in a couple of days.
right i'm going to be altering my subframe at the mo it is just about safe anuff for 1 person and i want to have a stubby two seater not sure on how im going to do it yet but thinking along the lines of a curved bottom rail but thinking it might lose some strength being curved? any thoughts????
Maybe welding in a plate between the top and bottom rail with some nice cut out slates or some sort of design i've found a company that would make the plates for me so atleast something would look pro:rock:
but i do like it all open up aswell what do you all think? heres a couple of quick sketch's not to scale;

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I have also thought of a name EVOLUTION i figured it would suit as its come from this;

then to this;

then to????????????
somthing like this maybe;

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does any one know if 16mm cold rolled steel 1mm thick would be alright for the subframe or would it be better to use 20x20x1mm cold pressed box section?The main thing that got me thinking it might not be gd enough is that B&Q sell it.
any ideas?

·
Customfighters UK
4,350 Posts
i think you better find the tensile strengh but i have seen 10mm subbys but they had gussets

na im not doin the hinge idea any way i would like to see how you do it!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got an idea to use clear see through coolant pipes with leds lighting it up anyone got any ideas where i could get the pipe from? It needs to be able to hold heat with out yellowing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks m8 me too.I've never had to do anything like this before.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was really easy at mo as its 2mm skinner at the pivot point i have to sort out a coller for the spindel bolt as the zx6-r is bigger i might be getting a zx6 wheel and caliper for ease to or make some adjusters to take my wheel and re mount the shock to the subframe as it goes through the middel of the swinger.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Glad you're back in it. Bike is looking good, and I really like the swinger you mocked up. Is that a 600rr shock mounted upside down in there right now? Looks like my shock.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers m8 I've been watching your build to thats going really good love your xhaust idea. i'm not sure i'll be able to finish in time but i'll give it a go anyway. The shock is mounted upside down but its an 99" R6 shock i've got to move all the mounts to use the zx636r swinger and i cant do any of that intill the machinist has finished with me yokes (hes' had them 2 weeks).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts