Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,381 Posts
prop it up on that center stand that is directly under your chain in the video

loosen axle nut

crank chain adjusters to pull wheel back

adjust till you have around 3/8" of vertical movement in the chain with you on the bike and the suspension compressed

make sure you tighten everything back down

clean and lube your chain while youre at it

·
Lord Zed
323 Posts
i will give you as much to realize you have a loose chain.... but your gonna have to search on your own.... a manual for your bike helps a little too

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
HMMM

1)GET A MANUAL.

2) USE METRIC TOOLS FOR THIS PARTICULAR MODEL. THINGS LIKE A 24MM OR A 22 MM A 10MM A 12MM A 14MM.

3) WITH BIKE ON GROUND LOOSEN AXLE

4) PUT SAID BIKE ON CENTER STAND IF HAS ONE (CLEAN CHAIN DURING THIS STEP)

5) FIND LOOSE SPOT IN CHAIN, ADJUST FROM THERE

6) BREAK THE LOCK NUT ON THE ADJUSTERS

7) SPIN ADJUSTER OUT TO GET PROPER TENSION (FACTORING IN FOR THE SWING ARM FLEX UPON TIGHTENING)

8) LOCK LOCK NUT AGAINST ADJUSTER (MAY NEED A WRENCH IN SPROCKET TO HOLD TENSION)

9) TIGHTEN AXLE (WITH BIKE BACK DOWN ON THE GROUND)

10) TORQUE AXLE TO SPEC(HENCE THE USE OF EL MANUAL)

11) GET BEEDGE FROM GF/WIFE

12) DRINK BEER AFTER NOT BEFORE

14) HAVE FUN ALONG THE WAY AND BE SAFE OUT ON THE ROAD

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
prop it up on that center stand that is directly under your chain in the video

loosen axle nut

crank chain adjusters to pull wheel back

adjust till you have around 3/8" of vertical movement in the chain with you on the bike and the suspension compressed

make sure you tighten everything back down

clean and lube your chain while youre at it
DAMN IT YOU BEAT ME TO IT
:doh:

Reactions: SabreV45 and CK 187

·
Bikes, Bitches and Beer
973 Posts
:doh: @ people that don't know how to take care of their bikes properly

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
At least he noticed something was wrong and asked for help. Giving him crap for doing exactly what we wish more noobs did is pretty stupid.

·
Lord Zed
323 Posts
did you not see the forum you selected... come on man there was a time where all of us didnt know... i looked online when i first started working on bikes...

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts

why do my youtubes get embeded all screwy?

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,381 Posts
At least he noticed something was wrong and asked for help. Giving him crap for doing exactly what we wish more noobs did is pretty stupid.
did you not see the forum you selected... come on man there was a time where all of us didnt know... i looked online when i first started working on bikes...
thanks guys. as a matter of fact, Mr Bandito has been texting me with lot's of questions about his bike setup and maintenance and i'm happy to take time out of my day to text him any answer he needs. when he texted me about this chain ordeal today, i suggested that he make and post this video because the responses may be beneficial to other riders who are leary of basic maintenance. it's sad that people would rather take the time to type smart ass responses and bust balls in the same space and timeframe that they could quite simply answer the guys questions.

selfless & selfish ~ look them both up

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
OK I had to go back and look twice but your adjustment is back WAY farther than my B6's is. Count your links just to be sure. It might be stretched out too. But all in all my axle sit in just about the center even a little in front if the center line.Fast Larry <--- check this site out it helped me alot when I started a bunch of small stuff on my B6.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
The chain will slap around like that a little when you have it on the center stand because there is no tension on it. How does it feel wrong when you ride it? Chains are noisy so its normal to hear some sound coming from it.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Just watched the second video, is that rattle in the parking lot your chain?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts