Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crashed doing wheelies 2 days ago. I wasn't gonna let my fucked up foot stop me so I went out for some more this morning. About half an hour into wheelies back and forth in the lot at work, non stop, I had one come a little further back than I wanted, I tap the rear brake to bring it back down, and nothing........

Needless to say it scared me shitless but I chopped the throttle and came back down without crashing.

Could the lose of rear brake be due to heat from constantly being on it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
No I would think the heat would actually cause the brake to grab when you don't want it to. Heated brake fluid essentially braking for you. I've heard it happen on the crappy Chinese levers. They don't completely let off, so the brakes rub while riding, thus causing a lot of heat in the line causing brakes to lock up.

In your case did the fluid empty itself out or something came unhooked maybe after the first couple wheelies?

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I would think the heat would actually cause the brake to grab when you don't want it to. Heated brake fluid essentially braking for you. I've heard it happen on the crappy Chinese levers. They don't completely let off, so the brakes rub while riding, thus causing a lot of heat in the line causing brakes to lock up.

In your case did the fluid empty itself out or something came unhooked maybe after the first couple wheelies?

nope nothing leaking, reservoir sealed.

just went rode it up and down the street to see if its still gone and its grabbing again, not as well as does usually but theres feel in the pedal again.

also its the stock r6 brembo master cylinder with the stock nissin caliper.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
When are we going to get to see some these wheelies

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fluid in the resi looked ok. But when I undid the bleeder screw, the first squirt was solid goo. So pretty sure that's what the problem was. Bled it until all the old fluid was out and nice golden fluid was all u can see.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
That's odd. I recently just bled my brakes and I had a lot of goo type stuff come out as well. Dark brownish bronzeish and a lot thicker that DOT4. I had to push new fluid through all the lines to make sure it was all out.

I've never seen that before.

·
Former bike builder
1,240 Posts
that goo is overheated fluid. Overheating fluid boils and make bubles. So air on hoses and brake fails.
Thats one reason stunt guys use two calibers on rear. And bigger calipers on rear too...

Just new fluids and bleeding and you are ready to go again... Just let rear brake have time to cool..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts