Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Sending love your way brother! I'm just picturing this man on fire, standing there burning with smoke pouring off. Engulfed. I imagine it's your thoughts/feelings/emotions as this burning fire around you. I've sat in some of those flames a few times with physical pain, with mental pain, with pain I've caused others. I feel it too Smoker. You're a good fucking dude Pete. I knew the moment I shook your hand that you were. If you need a distraction, or to get out of your own thoughts. Hit us up. You have my number. I wish I could just pop in for a visit with you man. See the shop in person again. I think about you often bro, keep that fight alive and we will too!
:metal:

·
skunk at the lawn party
26 Posts
Best thing is, Smoker is still alive and kicking. The only thing I could think about last night was buying a 2020 KTM 500exc-f AND a 2020 KTM 300exc. Put the street-legal plate on the 300, and ride until I get busted. :rock:
In WA we can license anything:

·
BLACK BELT
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Thanks for being a good friend, Adam. :knucks:

Was shitting a brick about possible eye mets. If it's mets, it's chemo time.

Saw an eye surgeon today that's a good friend. Hadn't seen him for a few years. First thing he asked is if I'm still building custom two strokers!

Haven't posted about it, but with some surgeons, all we talk about is bikes during the whole surgery.

Doc said my lesion isn't a nevi (can be the beginning of a cancerous tumor). It's a drusen (a lipo-protein based lesion), which probably won't be a problem. Could indicate or lead to macular degeneration, but hey- I'm getting old.

NO FUCKING CANCER IN MY EYE TODAY!! :thumbsup:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
That’s good!! Positive energy activates constant elevation! We’ll keep putting it out there for you bro!

Reactions: Smoker

·
BLACK BELT
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
May as well update. Keep getting PMs asking how I'm doing. (Thanks!)

So, I went to the neurosurgeon. I didn't think he could differentiate my pain to my hip or back, but I asked him to look at my MRIs and evaluate my spine. I already knew it's very fucked up. Still, I was amazed.

20 years ago, some of the discs were crushed and herniated. I figured it would be worse... but now the discs are gone. Completely gone. Nothing but bone on bone. Plus a couple of bones are cockeyed, out of alignment. Not really sure how I can be mobile at all. Amazingly, I don't hobble around, I walk around like George Jefferson.

Hip/back problem is improving slowly. I think I'm close to riding again.

This doc is big time. One of the best, and a friend. Took a good look at my imaging with me. What do we see? A fucking tumor. Not on my spine. In my spine.

One of the vertebra has a dark discoloration that covers about 1/3 of it. Brara says it looks like a hemangioma (vascular tumor). Inside the bone. (Had another spine MRI today, with and without contrast. Contrast dye will light up a hemangioma like a xmas tree. Results pending.)

Then it gets more surprising. He says- "Notice how the vertabrae down here are much darker?" They're almost blacked out. It's because the bones are crushed. They're completely full of cracks, which fill with fluid. Bones appear white, fluid appears black. I've seen hundreds of spine MRIs in the OR, but never seen this shit.

Brara said he doesn't usually see spinal mets until the PSA is around 20. Maybe 10-20. Very good to hear that. Mine's still low, so the spinal tumor probably isn't cancer.

Not posting to bum anyone out. I think it's some pretty interesting shit.

Back in the saddle. Got some new one-off titanium in my hands right now! :rock:

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
May as well update. Keep getting PMs asking how I'm doing. (Thanks!)

So, I went to the neurosurgeon. I didn't think he could differentiate my pain to my hip or back, but I asked him to look at my MRIs and evaluate my spine. I already knew it's very fucked up. Still, I was amazed.

20 years ago, some of the discs were crushed and herniated. I figured it would be worse... but now the discs are gone. Completely gone. Nothing but bone on bone. Plus a couple of bones are cockeyed, out of alignment. Not really sure how I can be mobile at all. Amazingly, I don't hobble around, I walk around like George Jefferson.

Hip/back problem is improving slowly. I think I'm close to riding again.

This doc is big time. One of the best, and a friend. Took a good look at my imaging with me. What do we see? A fucking tumor. Not on my spine. In my spine.

One of the vertebra has a dark discoloration that covers about 1/3 of it. Brara says it looks like a hemangioma (vascular tumor). Inside the bone. (Had another spine MRI today, with and without contrast. Contrast dye will light up a hemangioma like a xmas tree. Results pending.)

Then it gets more surprising. He says- "Notice how the vertabrae down here are much darker?" They're almost blacked out. It's because the bones are crushed. They're completely full of cracks, which fill with fluid. Bones appear white, fluid appears black. I've seen hundreds of spine MRIs in the OR, but never seen this shit.

Brara said he doesn't usually see spinal mets until the PSA is around 20. Maybe 10-20. Very good to hear that. Mine's still low, so the spinal tumor probably isn't cancer.

Not posting to bum anyone out. I think it's some pretty interesting shit.

Back in the saddle. Got some new one-off titanium in my hands right now! :rock:
That is very interesting. I understand most of it. Very glad to hear that tumor isn't cancer, but that's crazy about all the other damage. Do you know what caused it?

·
BLACK BELT
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
That is very interesting. I understand most of it. Very glad to hear that tumor isn't cancer, but that's crazy about all the other damage. Do you know what caused it?
Yeah, but where do I start? Over 20 years of judo. 3 workouts a day for many years. Fought everyone, regardless of size or skill. Challenged every dojo I could find. Did countless slaughter lines. Many trips to the hospital for me and my opponents.

Pro Roller Derby for several years. Played on the USA All-Star team. TV series, live shows around the world, injuries galore.

Been riding and stunting bikes for close to 50 years. Started crashing and going to the hospital as a wee lad. Long, long list of dirt and street crashes.

Had occupational injuries, too. Lifted a dying 425 pound ICU patient from floor to bed (not by myself). Back was fucked up for about a year after that.

As a kid, my heroes were Evel Knieval and Bruce Lee. 'Nuff said. :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
So did you ask the doc about titanium upgrades? Glad you’re still smiling Pete. Life’s a hell of a ride. I still remember how psyched me and ab420 were when you first were talking about the dojo breaking. Fuckin legend.

Reactions: Smoker and Mattson

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Never before had a good feeling about xmas.

Always, just a HUGE pain in the ass.

Not this time. So grateful to be here, and not in horrible pain.

Appreciating every minute. :knucks:
I remember you saying something similar about LAST Christmas, and here we are again!

See? :rock:

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,270 Posts
As a kid, my heroes were Evel Knieval and Bruce Lee. 'Nuff said. :D

As an adult, my heroes are.......

1. My pops - good man that made me who I am today
2. Evel - take no shit, one upper attitude
3. You - hardcore spirit that won't be quelled

The way you face adversity is inspiring and more people should seek to find even a portion of the attitude you possess. No crying over spilled milk. No bitching about the system. No lack of "can fucking do" attitude

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Bruce Lee

·
BLACK BELT
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
The way you face adversity is inspiring and more people should seek to find even a portion of the attitude you possess. No crying over spilled milk. No bitching about the system. No lack of "can fucking do" attitude
Thanks for that, bro. Really happy to hear from you during the holiday season. :knucks:

You and all the guys here inspire me to do my best.

I came here for help and advice with my projects. Found countless people willing to help, and share in my experience. And I've found some of the best friends of my life.

I feel a great debt of grattitude is owed to you guys, and to the world at large. Well, to all the good people that have walked beside me. Those who have fucked me over can have a pass, at this point. It's time for me to be at peace with life, and do work that I love.

Life, however, doesn't stop turning the screws. Seems like no end to the shit I have to deal with. Not sure what it will take for me to go out with pride and honor, but I'm not afraid to accept the challenge. We can show them how it should be done.

161 - 180 of 202 Posts