Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just put on the fork gators (thanks to kokomochandler) and wrapped the headers... Tryin to get a little bit of progress every couple of days.

Just moved some stuff around and did some cleaning, new bar ends and grips and did an oil change. Ive got my headlight on the way and its in the back shop with the forks off and puttin the gators on. some time later this week im taking it to the house and choppin off the tail.

2000 Bandit 1200, 4500 miles.
Just picked it up and im not lookin like a retard anymore. Runs like a dream just ugly as fuck... so i already tore off the dirty bars and put on some F4i clip-ons (sorry guys i hate dirtybars they dont work for me). chopped off the tail until i can afford my tail section. the pic below shows somewhat what it will look like but there will be some changes.

WERD!!! back in the game already and perfect time to start choppin this thing up.

EDIT-------->>>>>>>> more realistic pic ( you can see some of the details better)

this is what the poopy thing looked like when i got it

·
GURU
445 Posts
Dude, progress already. Nice dent! That thing is def ready for a fightering. It looks as if it has been living the life for some time already. I am a fan of the color as well. I know its stock but keep it!

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i dont fuck around when i have money i could completely build this to my dream bike specs in two days( if i had the money for the parts). But this will have constant progress. The guy i bought the bike from just opened the second motorcycle dismantlers in Sacramento( he's hookin it up bigtime) today i got a Rear set, cluch lever and master, and a pair of CBRF4i clipons for $35!!!!

·
12 Posts
love the way the swingarm is braced in the picture,will do my katana in the same way,thanks.that clipons will be a shorter reach if you put them on top of the topjoke.and the tailpiece is damn cool.keep that bike dark.dump that fork cover from your bike,they look crap in the flesh,good luck man.

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA i love it no one wants me to put the fork gators on ... Fuck you guys i love those things!!! (true fighter attitude)

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
love the way the swingarm is braced in the picture,will do my katana in the same way,thanks.that clipons will be a shorter reach if you put them on top of the topjoke.and the tailpiece is damn cool.keep that bike dark.dump that fork cover from your bike,they look crap in the flesh,good luck man.
clip ons looks gay on top. i have a set of f4i bars that i was gonna use till i found my gix front end. on top is bad lookin.

·
12 Posts
DOES NOT LOOK AS COOL,I AGREE,BUT THAT WILL BE A LONG REACH TO THE BARS,MAYBE CLIPONS LIKE A 2001 GSXR 600 WILL WORK BETTER.THEY CLAMP UNDER THE TOPJOKE,BUT COME UP A BIT NEXT TO IT.OTHERWISE SOME STRAIGHTBARS WILL WORK,JUST RIGHT.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
lol love your fighter attitude, do whatever the fuck you want. it will still be a bad ass bike.

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IM 6'7" MOTHERFUCKER!!! i have to have clip ons i dont have a choice im leaned back with dirtybars... i sit almost straight up on this thing with the clipons under the tripple!!!

QUOTE=big cc;95800]DOES NOT LOOK AS COOL,I AGREE,BUT THAT WILL BE A LONG REACH TO THE BARS,MAYBE CLIPONS LIKE A 2001 GSXR 600 WILL WORK BETTER.THEY CLAMP UNDER THE TOPJOKE,BUT COME UP A BIT NEXT TO IT.OTHERWISE SOME STRAIGHTBARS WILL WORK,JUST RIGHT.[/QUOTE]

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
to let you know when you go wackin the frame. the top subframe posts are welded on so just cut them and file it down. the lower legs are part of the frame and hollow behind it. its about a nice square half inch hole. just use a mild steel plate cut to the size and weld it. it took me an hour maybe to do mine.

the last is the 92 gsxr 600 i stole the forks from. all i did was swap the stem, use my bandit wheel which is the same but had to use the gsxr rotors cut they are shallower. and hyabusa calipers will bolt right up but gsxr 1000's will not. i have a pair of the black boots you want. if you give me an address ill try to get them to you. then you can paypal me a couple bucks for shipping if you want but you wouldnt have to pay me first cus im not that dependable. i still need to send the seat pan to the lost mcgoon. i said he could have it free. but i need to save a couple bucks for shipping to texas.

·
American Outlaw
110 Posts
Looking good so far. If it turns out as planned it'll be sick as shit! I don't know what kind of tail that is, but I want one!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I love the fork gaters! I was gonna toss some on the ninja, just never got around to it :D Rock those bitches!

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The tail is gonna be a Hand tooled leather w/ a chopped up pocketbike tail coming off the back and im gonna use a MTB air shock w/ remote lockout and damper... So the tail can be nice and soft or i can lock it out.

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BTW im moving to my freinds house hes got a mandrel bender plasma cutter tig mig grinders the whole shabang. im gonna be makin this shit quick.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts