Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where, in central mass, i can get custom metal pieces for my 929 made?

i think cnc machines are too expensive for me right now, but not positive.
:what:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ab420 said:
Yea they are! I looked up some prices, and I was amazed at how much loot those things go for!
yes. the machines are endless money. but i was referring previously to how its expensive to get parts made with them...let alone buying one!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
what do you need made? I'm a qualified machinist. do you have the measurements and drawings? I might be able to help out.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i dont have measurements or drawings. i wish i could do CAD.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
take a road trip down to PA and I'll do the CAD and then do the machining. lol

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fslflint said:
take a road trip down to PA and I'll do the CAD and then do the machining. lol
are you able to do stuff besides your work?? or would that get you in trouble?? most times people at machine shops arent allowed to do anything for their friends..or sideprojects.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I'm allowed to do manual machining, but it takes a while bacause I have to do it on breaks and during lunch. and only sometimes can I get prmission to do stuff after work. but I am allowed to use the machines. technically speaking I am allowed to use the CNCs for personal stuff but they are always being used for company stuff so that takes priority. if it needs to be CNCed I do have a friend who runs the CNC shop at the college I attend and sometimes he lets me set up parts in his machines. but the problem with that is the liability. which means no swing arms, tripple trees, etc. basically anything that could endanger me (or you) if it broke.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fslflint said:
but the problem with that is the liability. which means no swing arms, tripple trees, etc. basically anything that could endanger me (or you) if it broke.
yah. in looking into making and selling parts, i found that the insurance goes WAAAAAAAAAY up if you want to sell stuff that has to do with the performance, handling, or safety of your bike. bolt ons are where its at if you dont wanna break the bank on insurance.

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Adam,

you know where I am let me help out I have 2 CNC guys that are great and cheap.

They made these rear sets for me.

I'll tell you the price in an e-mail

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts