Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Site gives instructions. Pretty cool setup. I wonder how much all the stuff costs to make one of these. Too bad my wife would beat my ass if i started piecing one together.

http://www.nilno.com/laser_intro/index.html

Ouch laser alone new is 27k. not gonna be making this anytime soon, haha

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah 300 grand is a bit on the steep side. I cant wait to get back home and outta the army, convince the old man he needs to purchase a cnc machine, either laser or waterjet. I guess i would have to start making parts to sell to pay off the costs or he wouldnt even consider making the investment. 17 more months, and i get access to all the tools im used to...emmm..plasma cutter :D

anyways i found the link for the cnc machine from http://www.hackaday.com Its a sight that is mostly electronic based hacking. But have alot of COOL stuff on it. There should be a archived link how to make a rhomba (auto vaccum cleaners) remote control via bluetooth.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
forget the waterjet.... they are for chopperbuilding pussys. get a haas vf3 with a fourth/fifth axis controller, high speed tooling, pallet changer and high pressure coolant.

then get a decent data transfer setup with a computer sporting a MasterCAM X2 mill design package.

THENNNNN>>>>> hire me to run it.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
deal lol. When I have one of those, you can come work for me!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I'll help yah out. designing and machining and everything in between is kinda my thing

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
about 300 grand... lol

actually closer to 200 grand. but thats just my dream setup. its not necessary to just get started.

what do you want to make? do you want to cut custom wheels? brackets? tripples. if you just want to do tripples and brackets then that stuff can be done on a much smaller machine. pyou could get started for under 50,000

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
That's the 300 grand worth of CNC I was talking about. The one I sneak stuff into at the local GM Powertrain plant is 300,000 for the basic set-up and 700,000 for the set-up they use.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fslflint said:
about 300 grand... lol

actually closer to 200 grand. but thats just my dream setup. its not necessary to just get started.

what do you want to make? do you want to cut custom wheels? brackets? tripples. if you just want to do tripples and brackets then that stuff can be done on a much smaller machine. pyou could get started for under 50,000

ehh, it would be cool to make a bunch of stuff, I mean who wouldnt want there own cnc machine. I wouldnt mind some new tripples and quite a few brackets made.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
I can't make a lot of stuff but if I'm desperate I can get one thing every once in a while.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha that works as well, dont forget the scissors. The CNC business would be cool to start up. Just have to have enough sales to pay for all the equipment. Sadly i dont think id sell enough parts to make it worth while. I guess this wouldnt really be a cnc idea, but a company needs to make subframes that fit different tails. So you pick what bike you have, and what tail you want and they sell ya the sub. I think someone could make pretty good money doing it.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
That might make some change. You'd need donor bikes and some pretty basic machine equipment. I bet you could make the money back pretty quick if there are people willing to pay for it.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well if you have friends with bikes to get the measurements, and whatever tail they want it do for the cost of mats, then you have all the measurements for the different tails, and could interchange the measurements to make sure they fit right, I cant see it costing much more than 50 bucks in materials a piece. And you could probably get 150-200 atleast for each subframe, used ones can go for that on ebay.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts