Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the dipshit who had my r6 before me torqued down way to much on the headers causing the spigots to bend. You can't just buy them so I'm going to make them should I use steel or aluminum or does it not matter?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok back to this spigots thing. I need to make new ones for my Leo headers I got the same size steel to make them but here's my major concern. The old owner took the headers off and put stock back on because he said the spigots are bent and he never got around to having new ones made.
So here is one of them they are all bent.

So my major issue is that the OD of the header is 37mm and the ID of the bent spigots is 43mm. You can see the gap here.

There are springs that hold the spigots to the headers but this just doesn't make sense to me. If I put the old ones in my vice and flatten them to make new ones how the FUCK is it going to make the headers sit flush and stay in position if they're 5mm bigger?

Should I make identical spigots and trust Leo Vance did it right or should I make the spigots smaller ID to sit tighter on the header pipes? Are they supposed to have a slight bend? I'm very fucking confused when it comes to these aftermarket spigots and headers.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But are they supposed to have a slight bend? Or flat? I never seen them bent before

·
11,385 Posts
do they not tie to the head and the springs hold the headers to the head, so the internal dia won't matter as its not doing anything? the tube of the header doesn't look to be flared or have a shoulder for them clamp down onto

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea the headers are not flared or flanged. They do bolt on and have spring connecting them.

So are you saying that they don't need to be right to hold them? Just bolt on hook springs up and that holds my whole exhaust system up?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to make new ones and try it out see what happens. I know on older KZs there are 2piece sleeves that fit under the spigots so the spigots sit tight on the header. If it doesn't work out I'll make some of those

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Yeah, it looks like you're missing some parts.

If the PO doesn't have them, you may want to contact Leo Vince and find out if they sell replacements

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.