Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My hiring harness is huge and obnoxious... looking to down size.
I purchased a KOSO slim line temp gauge and a small speedo so I will no longer need the connection for the stock gauge cluster. Also I don’t use front signals so there is excess wiring that needs to go.
My question...
How is everything connected within the harness? Can I simply cut and cap the wires I am not using?
I was going to purchase a 2005 Z1000 Harness off of eBay and cut it open.... then remove the wires I don’t use....is this possible:confused:

Any suggestions

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
You could do it either way cut it up cap it and tape it off or take it apart meticulously and do away with what you dont need. If you choose the latter, do it in sections and retape or zip tie as you go or else it will turn into a real cluster fook quickly. Just my .02

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Yea it's better to take the whole thing apart but its easier to just cut cap/tape/shrink wrap. If you do cut the whole thing open do 1 wire at time all the way out then the next then the next then the next then the next until you have removed what you don't want/need and neatly tape it back together.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions...

I will pry cut and cap for now and then purchase a used harness and do it correctly..

Thanks

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Thats what I did, except I kept the original and hacked up the ebay one, had miles of left over wiring to use elseware

1 - 6 of 6 Posts