Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.My man cave is on the ground floor of the house i live.I stay on the 1st floor.The ground floor has a small yard with a small garden.The yard is partially sheltered.The yard has a fence and a door that i secure with a chain and a lock.I park 2 cars in this space and 2 bikes.The 2 bikes are parked right outside,on the wall of the man cave.One bike is always inside the man cave.I want to build an alarm system for the man cave door and a door that leads to the stairs in to my house.I thought about a siren and an amber beacon.If one of the 2 doors are opened,both will come on until i hit a switch.Also i want to build something (i dont know yet what or how), that if the 2 bikes outside are moved or tampered, the same siren and beacon are activated.Maybe add a circuit with wires going to the 2 bikes,and if the wires are cut or separated the system activates.
Do someone have a similiar system or any suggestion of what to do or how?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It'd be pretty easy to do with a couple of relays. Make up some two-wire leads that plug into a connector on each bike, make it look like a battery tender cable or something. The connector on the bike doesn't go anywhere, it just closes the connection between the two leads. Run power through that to a relay that trips when it gets low signal. Wire gets pulled loose, relay trips and sends power to your siren and strobe. Your "disarm" switch goes where it can interrupt the power going to either the whole system or between the alarms and the relay. Make it all work via a Bluetooth enabled relay board and control the whole system via your phone for Bond cool factor =D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats something i was looking for!!!CAn you share a link of what type of relay i should look for?And what Bluetooth enabled relay board is suitable?Many Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This bluetooth board would work, I bought one just to mess with. You can password the board itself/make it invisible so unauthorized smartphones can't connect to or see it. Bluetooth relay module

Something like this board to run the security tethers/siren and light. Relay module

I'm not an expert and there may be much better ways of doing what you're trying to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts