Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thats what it looks like now.. Im kinda getting sick of the undertail piece. After doin some stoppies, the rear tire started to dent and start bending the sheet metal. It ended up snapped a couple screws off the tailsection.. The 12 bar Ive decided not to use and Ill probably take'n it off just because of the fact that Ive got so much shit invested in this thing.. If I end up 12'n this thing I know at some point its gonna get ugly. Besides that fact that my sub-frame is part of the main frame. Once its bent to shit, I gotta cut everything off and replace the whole thing.

Soooo, Im thinking about doin a 954 tail section seat/solo cover over the winter.. It will fit a little bit cleaner and I think it looks a bit nicer.

Heres a couple pix I found of an FZR with it done, lemme know what you think..

Should I keep the SV tail light after the swap? Or switch to a 954 light?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i think its a hot tail. i love the angles. it looks nice. i like that it has a led taillight, but the SV is one of my favorite other taillights.

id say do the 954 tail with the sv light! :metal:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like the tail for the most part. That area underneath the seat and above the plastic, looks like something is missing there. That's the only odd part. I also like the smaller taillight.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
929_adam said:
i think its a hot tail. i love the angles. it looks nice. i like that it has a led taillight, but the SV is one of my favorite other taillights.

id say do the 954 tail with the sv light! :metal:

+1 The SV tailight is one of my favorite too.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad Habit said:
I like the tail for the most part. That area underneath the seat and above the plastic, looks like something is missing there.
I was thinkin the same thing.. Id probably black out some aluminum diamond plate and snap it into place on the sub frame

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
notice how the seat doesnt sit very well on there??

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
thats what im sayin... it doesnt seem to match up very well with the honda tail section.

did he swap the subframe too?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
what about running a more recent yamaha tail piece??

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
929_adam said:
I thought about that..

Newer 03-05 R6 tail, but there alot of FZR's that got that already

R1 tail wouldnt look right, besides.. it's also a popular swap for the FZR

idk

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i dont like the tail with the flat tail light across teh back.

r1 or r6?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
929_adam said:
Yeah, I've found that's the "in" thing for fizzers. That's one thing I like about the idea of the 954 tail, just a bit different.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bad Habit said:
Yeah, I've found that's the "in" thing for fizzers. That's one thing I like about the idea of the 954 tail, just a bit different.
Yeah that what Im sayin.. I dont want it to look like every other FZR out there. Im sayin they look bad cuz they dont.. I just want somethin different

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That would work but where it mounts in the front (near the front of the seat). It a real tight fit on my bike, not that a sharkskin's would crack like a normal set of plastics.. but the set I got on there now cracked 5" (almost in half) from stress. And I gotta have something with a seat on it

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
imo it sounds like you should do some engeinnering on the seat section on your bike....can you post close up's of what you are talking about?

on a sharkskin you can cut and add fiberglass for a nice fit...i think you may have to do this with any tail section you find....

mshap what did you do for the area? I think she mounted her r1 tail to the subframe and the r1 seat closes the gap...

·
313 Posts
Yes, I mounted it to the subframe and the r1 seat fits like it was made for it :)

I had to get rid of alot of the old subframe and make some mounting points.

Now I have a whole new aluminum subframe I made and it looks better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts