Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
181 - 197 of 197 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
As usual, change one thing and three others stop fitting... Riding position with the flat bar seems pretty good and they look cool too, but now the clutch MS fouls on the fork top

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

The OEM MS resovoirs never looked quite right sat at an angle so I've treated myself to some Chinese copies of Brembo radial MS .. bore sizes seem to be about right so... fingers crossed..

Camera accessory Font Automotive wheel system Machine Auto part

Output device Font Audio equipment Communication Device Cable

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
i'd be using this number
Yeh, kicking myself. Lesson learnt.... now that its been scrapped by the DVLA its too late for that.... been reading a bit about the MSVA and it's going to be a pain. type approved / BS marked (massive) end cans, not sure if the headlight I've fitted will be accepted, so probably need to change that, extra reflector on the back etc etc etc.... any tips or do's and don'ts?

11,488 Posts
Even contemplating buying a third frame with a V5 / new registration and swapping every thing over
MSVA is ok, but since its a Suzuki frame your using and not a one off, i'd find a current V5

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 · (Edited)
Well, I got to wondering why I was sliding down the seat under acceleration, and why the bike was squatting so badly even with the preload on the GSXR 1000 shock set to maximum.... hmmmm....
Well having believed a forum post elsewhere that the bigger bodied thou' shock was technically "better" (due to the bigger oil volume) I didn't pay attention to the equally critical spring... which is substantially lighter... for a lighter bike..... Doh 😖

Fortunatly I haven't bothered to sell the original, so that be going back in then....

GSXR1000 shock anyone?
Automotive tire Coil Coil spring Suspension Household hardware

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Playing with the stance of the bike, was never totally happy with the overall stance of the bike, so dropped some short 107mm dogbones in, that should Jack the back up about 50mm, however the head angle is now a bit steep at 22.5 degrees, stock is 24.2 degrees, looks good BUT I'll have to see how it handles, and make sure it's not too unstable over bumps.
Wheel Tire Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

The roads of North Yorkshire are not smooth....

181 - 197 of 197 Posts