Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 41 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The set I was sent a witing diagram for looks better anyway...

If there's any interest I'll upload the wiring diagrams I've got, probably useful for others at some point

The SS182 clocks are mentioned (with varying degrees of satisfaction...) on a couple of forums, so I'll give them a try... i know there are better clocks out there but the build costs are making me twitch a bit 馃槅
Gadget Audio equipment Gas Cable Everyday carry

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Started carving the old clip on mounts off of the original mount ready for the flat bars to go in their place. Should look alright when ive welded up and cut back the original threaded holes for the clamp bolts.
The set I was sent a witing diagram for looks better anyway...

If there's any interest I'll upload the wiring diagrams I've got, probably useful for others at some point

The SS182 clocks are mentioned (with varying degrees of satisfaction...) on a couple of forums, so I'll give them a try... i know there are better clocks out there but the build costs are making me twitch
馃槅
Gadget Audio equipment Gas Cable Everyday carry

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not quite finished yet, but I'm pleased with the how this is going to look when done. Had to cut the renthal bar mounts down bu 6mm to retain the OE anti vibration mount but considering it was done by hand and scraped flat with a straight edge and a file, they should be ok
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Machine Auto part

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle

These lugs on the front of the headstock are an eyesore, if I canfigure how to mount a steering damper infront of the tank kinda 916 style they're history. Something like this only better...

Revolver Bullet Auto part Gun accessory Engineering

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Forking forks...
Been a slow week for the build over Christmas, and I think its just got a bit slower..
I knew the stauntions were bent, so I bought nice new (pattern) ones off ebay... all good so i thought.
Turns out that the uppers are bent too.... and might not be salvageable...

Ally welding on the subframe is still sitting there waiting for a bottle of Argon...

But on the upside, the block cleaned up alright. The oil lines need plating or painting but far better than I expected.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Engineering Automotive exterior

Just a shitter about the forks...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
those pair pipes need to come off too! yuck
Have you got any info on the impact stripping and blanking them would have on the engine? I've not pulled a Busa block appart yet, they look like additional return lines to reduce oil pressure and increase oil flow to the top end?

Super Moderator
they look like additional return lines to reduce oil pressure and increase oil flow to the top end?
Nope. They鈥檙e to inject clean air into the exhaust ports for better emissions or something to that effect. You can readily buy block-off plates or make your own depending on how motivated you are.

Later, Doug

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Forkimg Forks pt2
Ebay gold. Litterallly. New (well replacement) forks sorted. Rather they werent gold (yuk) but they were reasonably priced...
I feel there may be a bit of black anodising in their future....

Tool Font Automotive mirror Hand tool Auto part

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Forking forks pt3...
Figuring out how to mount the 750 mudguard to the busa forks. Third attempt is about there, saw a couple of other attempts at this on you
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Wood Line

tube that looked a bit dodgy so I'm pleased with this. Height and position is about right and the mounts are nice and solid.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Nope. They鈥檙e to inject clean air into the exhaust ports for better emissions or something to that effect. You can readily buy block-off plates or make your own depending on how motivated you are.

Later, Doug
Hi Doug,
Any advice on sealing the blanking plates? Exhaust gasket seems a bit thick and I'm concerned the heat of the exhaust gas would burn through normal gasket card. Much as I hate it, the other option could be exhaust assembly paste? What did you use?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Too cold to paint anything this week so progress is slow... decided that the rad was beyond cleaning and painting so I've bought a new one. Not going to be doing track days or continent crossing runs, so I've decided to dump the original oil cooler (it's knackered anyway). The new cases have turned up, so they need fitting, but its all just waiting until the fork ends and the yoke is painted and back in...

Anyone know of any good examples neatly mounted koso clocks on here?

Once I've made mounts for the headlight it might be clearer, but most of the ideas I've had so far (like bolting them to the top yoke) seem a bit shit...l

Bicycle part Rim Bicycle drivetrain part Auto part Font

Super Moderator
Here a mount I made to go on a NT650. It could be trimmed some but serves the purpose.

Later, Doug

21 - 41 of 41 Posts