Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I'm aiming for something like this , but without the centre console. Can't find anyone selling exactly what I want at the moment so might be easier to buy one lije this and chop it up. Suggestions welcome.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Not uncommon for people to swap pipes number plates etc before a test, having said that my local mot station is run by a biker and he's focussed on making sure it's safe. I tend to use a standard plate these days (avoids hassle) and noisy pipes (as long as they're not ridiculous) don't seem to be an issue

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
One down one to go. The Ally used by Suzuki for the subframe has been a sod to weld. That said I'm no expert so someone better at this than me could probably tell me why. Will clean the welds up with a flap disk before powder coating.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Bumper Grey

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Nothing back from the powder coaters yet (I love em, wouldn't dream of goimg anywhere else but bloody hell, they're always busy 😂 so chucked the lump back in instead of making a seat. Nearly time to play 'where the hell does that tube go?' And 'why the hell
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

didnt I take more photos during the strip?' 😂.
Throttle bodies all nice and clean ( oops.... sorry love the entire house now stinks of carb cleaner...) and the plugs have been out. Could have unscrewed em with a screw driver, no idea what that was about, but back in nice tight. As I'm not tearing the block down at the moment, I'm assuming (hmmmm) that If it ran before it was stacked, it'll run nicely without a rebuild after its been stood for a year.... time and some blue smoke... will tell...
Back on a stand next and wheels in so I'm not grovellimg about on the floor all evening....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
All the bits and bobs are back from the powder coaters, and as usual, aside from a spot of overspray here and there its a mint job at a bargain price. Fuckin good job given the price of everything else this month.... Anyway pegs back in - one level and the others completely pissed, my guess is the hanger bent when it went over, so need to sort that out, sub frames all gone back in nicely. Need to shorten the rear brake resovoir a touch to suit its new home, but as i had no plan for mounting it what so ever, I was pleased how that slotted in.
Top yokes built up and back in place, but chipped the paint (arse) on one of the forks, so i need to touch that up before dropping the fron end back in. Next step is drop the tank on and decide
Bicycle Crankset Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Tire

Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Gas Rim

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire

what the hell to do with the seat... chop and bend the original base hopefully...

The garage is the size of a teapot so its difficuly to get much perspective on these shots :D

61 - 80 of 112 Posts