Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Not sure about the look of the bars, but I'm liking the riding position, going to go with a thin pad as it feels like the prefect height with no pad at all, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to touch the floor :rolleyes: yet... minor details like a new seat rail to knock out, then i'll drop the front end in and see how it looks in one piece... hated the tank but with all the crappy stickers cleaned off it's grown on me

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
what did you use to bond the seat pieces together? doesnt look half melted like they usually do.
Methalactate Adhesive. Its not cheap but there's not much else other than hot air that will actually bond with PP. The only other option I know of is PP based hot melt, which I I could only find for sale in bulk boxes.

Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Font Drink

Prep is critical, my preferred approach is to degrease with IPA then abrade the areas being bonded with a rotary brush or flap disc etc then wash again with IPA before applying and clamping. It's only got a 2-3 minute pot life before it starts to go off, and its pretty much set after 10 mins. Also stinks, and don't be tempted to try and fill voids with it either as the exotherm runs away and it ends up gassing off and blowing bubbles through the uncured resin.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Few quick updates, but not made much progress... made the front seat supports (fiddly, took agrs and not that impressuve to look at...) bought bits on flea bay like a straight foot reat hanger to replace the bent one it came with, flea bay filler cap turned up, and true to form the seal rubber blocks the vent hole (i think someone else on here had exactly the same issue), decided to order a Chinese flea bay steering damper mount rather than taking weeks to make one, and started filling the voids in the seat base so I don't get pressure points with a thin (20mm foam pad). Hard seat i don't mind, as long as there's no lumps and bumps...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
So I'm not in position to buy a new set of pipes at the moment so I'm modifying the originals, to bring a shortened end can forward by 200mm, but i wasnt expecting to find secondary set of baffles. Cant be the first person to discover this, so any thoughts anyone on the best way to modify? So the bike runs nicely that is...
Leg Wood Road surface Automotive tire Scaled reptile

Auto part Automotive tire Pipe Metal Office supplies

Wood Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
could try to sand the foam super smooth before wrapping and a touch of heat will help the vinyl stretch while wrapping.
That's a realy good point. I cut the foam with a hot knife and then shaped it with a flap disk, but it was a bit too aggressive to get a realy smooth finish. I'll re-sand it and have another go when the dry build is complete

81 - 100 of 112 Posts