Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Cut 25mm off of the bottom edge of the fly screen, and angled it further back. Much better. Pics really dont capture it very well. MOT booked for Monday, so fingers crossed.

Had a set of the same clocks, got them working and liked the way they looked but I found that the clock that is always on drained the battery within 2 days.
These have been connected for a few weeks now and there doesn't seem to be any battery drain... but its a good watch out, cheers.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Looks mint. Probably going to change the front mudguard, but aside from that looks wise I'm happy. Still some issues to sort out, fork seal failed again, so need to sort that and understand why, it's not charging so it drained the battery and died on the way back from the test centre so I had to push it home...

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 153659

Looks mint. Probably going to change the front mudguard, but aside from that looks wise I'm happy. Still some issues to sort out, fork seal failed again, so need to sort that and understand why, it's not charging so it drained the battery and died on the way back from the test centre so I had to push it home...
View attachment 153659

View attachment 153659

I love it, mudguard's not to bad but it could be better. hoppimg to see the better option.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Yep, looks well, carbon fiber front mudguard?
Is there any mark's on the fork tubes? And have you replaced the bushes in the forks?
Is not charging or over charging?
The regulator rectifier has failed so new one on the way from M&P, no marks on the tubes and there's no play (that I can feel) in the forks, and the bushes 'looked' ok so need to strip and measure everything to find out whats going on. Also bit the bullet and ordered the Healtech FI tuner so I can remap the fuelling ... expensive day. ..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Forking forks again... turns out that the cross drilling in the aftermarket sliders was slightly burred. Not much but enough to nick the seal and scratch the bush. So stripped and de-burred slider, fitted new seals and a new bush. If they dont stay sealed this time (3rd set of seals) I'm going to be sending them to Brooks to sort out.
Wood Cylinder Bicycle part Gas Machine

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Engineering Electrical wiring

Drinkware Fluid Drink Wood Camera lens

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
lets hope.. I had a buddy do seals on my old mans tl's bits he also had a hell of a time with them, something about the new superseded seals just didnt fit as well as they should.. had to hunt down different ones hopefully its not that same issue.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 · (Edited)
Its passed ! Got the front light and trying to lift over the bumps riding back, but the fuelling at constant is terrible. Going to try a new Air filter and a TRE to see if that helps, but as the motor is stock appart from the cans something isn't right. Going make a new thread to see if someone can share some insight into the fuel mappng at 5 and 10% throttle openings... looks like its running on crude oil rather than super unleaded at the moment
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Font Electronic device Slope Electric blue Gas

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

141 - 158 of 158 Posts