PICS OR DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! :) :) :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
7,084 Posts
Hi All new to this stuff I own the sister bike of guy martins Martek turbo (pikes peak bike)they only built two I have been told mine was built first and guys five years later..
Who is "they"?

My memory is foggy ATM, but I'm pretty sure there was a build thread on this site for the original fighter that Guy bought.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
I first thought of this when I saw your name but now it's like 100%..

"I swear on me nan's life"

hahaha

welcome. hurry with the pics already!

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
Any idea why they used the 3 spoke Ducati boat anchor wheels? It seems like a bad place to pinch pennies for this type of bike. The front end is old Ducati SBK too with the smaller brake caliper spacing. Switching to a 996 fork with the TiN coating and larger caliper spacing would yield better suspension and allow you to run the 999 4 pad calipers which is a huge upgrade. Or swap out to the 848 front end and get the radials, but you would need custom spacers to keep the 748-996 wheel and rotors. Or with the 848 swap get the matching wheels, the rear will go right on in place of that 3 spoke.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Any idea why they used the 3 spoke Ducati boat anchor wheels? It seems like a bad place to pinch pennies for this type of bike. The front end is old Ducati SBK too with the smaller brake caliper spacing. Switching to a 996 fork with the TiN coating and larger caliper spacing would yield better suspension and allow you to run the 999 4 pad calipers which is a huge upgrade. Or swap out to the 848 front end and get the radials, but you would need custom spacers to keep the 748-996 wheel and rotors. Or with the 848 swap get the matching wheels, the rear will go right on in place of that 3 spoke.
I'm with Mike on that , hell whiy not save tha big bux and go CF ;)

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
There was a guy on here who was the previous owner of guy martins bike (dave rice) do any one know him as I would like some technical advice on what work was done on his bike.

Doing some digging with google I came up with a few conversations where people said it changed hands a few times.

Old ad for the sale of it describing who built the engine and who owned it.

http://usednewmoto.com/suzuki/117743-suzuki-gsx-1100-martek-turbo.html

Decent writeup on the build:

http://eattherichuk.blogspot.com/2014/01/martek-gsxr1100-turbo.html

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Don't hold out on us, what have you done to the engine? Have you dyno'd it? Any other updates?

Edit: Oh I see you are taking it in to CC Racing. Where are they out of?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts