Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here paying attention to what is going on in this country right now?
The news facts are starting to get severely disturbing...

or is this a bitch kind of thread?

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Maybe I've just grown complacent, but I choose to just not worry about that shit.
I used to be REALLY interested in politics, kept in tune with everything and whatnot. I don't know if it was the military, maybe stuff I did while I was in, but for whatever reason I just don't give a shit anymore.
The way I figure it, none of it really holds water. Nothing. They ban guns? Cool... I will still own, buy, carry, and shoot them. Just not "legally." They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
It's cool. I'm in charge of things.

Day #1. EPA exemption for manufacturing of oil cooled gsxr motors.
Day #2. 2JZGTE must come standard in all toyota automobiles

honestly, that is accomplishment enough.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Maybe I've just grown complacent, but I choose to just not worry about that shit.
I used to be REALLY interested in politics, kept in tune with everything and whatnot. I don't know if it was the military, maybe stuff I did while I was in, but for whatever reason I just don't give a shit anymore.
The way I figure it, none of it really holds water. Nothing. They ban guns? Cool... I will still own, buy, carry, and shoot them. Just not "legally." They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

Agreed, it doesn't really make a difference to me either, I do what I want for the most part. The drugs I do and even some of the liquor I drink are illegal in the states, my guns may as well be too. Shit, even my prescription meds are illegal as I refuse to pay $450 a month for my meds I NEED when I can buy a 90 day supply of the exact same thing from mexico for $11. So every few months I take a 45 min drive across the border and save over $1200 "sneaking" a small bottle of pills back across the border, along with some not so legal tequila and other things. FTW lol

·
Registered
705 Posts
Count me as another one that doesn't pay attention to current events even though I used to be really interested. I don't care anymore, people will believe whatever shit they read on the internet and getting someone to think objectively is almost impossible. As long as people are still going to work, making money, buying shit, posting their opinions on facebook and watching TV nothing will change. If people are comfortable they won't fight for any change. Plus people love to bitch but they all vanish when it's time to put up and do something about it, I know this from experience multiple times.
Couple that with the fact that getting involved in politics is so ridiculously complicated that getting involved means that you will have to give up what little free time you already have.

·
Breaking shit...
3,203 Posts
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.
Can I sig that quote? Fucking spot on!

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Hell yeah!

·
UnicycleMode
7,562 Posts
I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit.

:rock:

Exactly.

As I got older, and became more politically aware, the internet became a huge, every day thing. The more I connected with other people, the more I learned about past and present behavior from the "political elite" the more I realized that no matter how much I rebel, no matter how much I break the rules, and no matter how much I think of myself as an outsider..... I am just a cog in a gear in a big machine, eventually that cog will break off, and another will replace it, and so forth until humanity goes extinct or the religious are right and something else happens before then. Fighting it gets tiresome when you are part of a tiny, little group of people that realize how messed up it all is.

I gave up on trying to understand why people don't care that the political elite (career politicians, the obscenely rich, and the well connected) can lie, cheat, steal, rape, kill, and do pretty much whatever they want with total and complete impunity. Society as a whole has truly accepted that "good enough" is indeed good enough. We as a society seem to think there is no other way than the way we are doing it at this very moment... and one man cannot move a mountain by himself in a lifetime.

In my early 20's, sitting a jail cell for a dumb shit marijuana paraphernalia charge due to a pipe in my car when I was pulled over for not having a front license plate, I came to terms with the fact that for the rest of my life, I'm just going to live by a simple yet effective philosophy: "Live your life how you see fit, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.".

As for martial law, not really needed, America as a whole is so sheltered and so confined that I don't think many even believe there is a place on this planet as wonderful as here (although there is plenty of free, democratic states all over the world) and most don't seem interested in finding out if there is better or more fitting for them or their lifestyle. That's fine with me, I'm stuck here, so I'll live with the terms and conditions of it until I die, but I'm not going to bullshit myself into believing this place is the best that's ever been or ever will be. Humanity could do great things with a little motivation to get along a little better. :D

New world order? That always made me scratch my head in wonder. Nothing changes overnight, a NWO would be a slow transition into a global economy, global trade, global decision making, etc...... uhhh, isn't that already the case?? Nuff said. ;)

I feel like everyone that isn't rich, politically connected, or just an important person in general is last to get the news. All the stuff we are worrying about now was set into motion and achieved enough traction to happen in time, 2-3 decades before we actually hit the point where it was general knowledge. That's precisely why I gave up fighting this sort of thing, I've no control over it, I don't know anymore than anyone else around me about it, and I feel as though we're all along for the ride at this point. May as well live like you want and stay outta the way of the ones that can stop you from doing and living the way you want.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Amen ^^^ i met a ww2 vet today, he was 90 years old and told me about chasing out nazi's in germany, holland and spain. You could SEE the pride he had for defending freedom, and he talked about hard work (he was a self made millionaire after the war) and how people dont do it any more and want hand outs and how they have no pride or respect for the freedoms that they do have. I could see how pissed off he was, and disappointed he was with the country and the world the way it is today.

It was extremely humbling and sad at the same time seeing this man that fought so fervently for our freedom and he is ashamed of that same country because they took it for granted and squandered it all for personal gain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
The want and insane greed for power eventually destroys the almighty ones ;)

Nero
Hitler
Stalin
Saddam
Michael more
Oprah

and soon mebee even this one

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
that aint gonna happen .What is happening to our country ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts