Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

While not exactly a streetfighter bike I figured it'll be mad enough of a project to fit in here too :D

So I just bought this thing today, for those that don't recognize it, it' s a 2005 Ducati 916... Sorry a Cagiva Mito 125 Evo 2. Sold as a gouged out parts donor bike it was cheap as chips but in a very sorry state, as you can see there's large chunks of fairing missing from the left side, as well as the wiring harness, most of the miscellaneous levers controls etc oh and yea the engine. But on the upside it still has a registered rolling frame and that's pretty much what I need for this project.

A couple guidelines about what I'm planning to do with this one are as follow:

-candy apple red topside and metallic silver sides as a nod to the MV Agusta F3/4.
-Custom undertail exhaust with a multiport tip as read above.
-140cc Lifan RSR Hondatype crate four stroke engine
-Turbo.

Yes you read correctly the main purpose of this project is to acquaint myself with the dark art of forced induction in a fairly (financially) safe platform. I don't really care how much power it will put out vs a bigger bore, I just want to make it work just to prove myself I can!

There is no schedule to get this done, might take one winter, might take five. It's a no pressure project (pun intended) and will be done solely "for the lolz".

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All fairings have been pressure washed thoroughly, as one could assume the lowers were CAKED with grease and sand as usually is the case with a smoker teenager streetbike. Whoo lemme tell you somebody had fun with this thing before committing it to the breakers, the entire back end was full of melted rubber bits so at least one rear tire has been burnt out likely till it burst, took me a fair bit of elbow grease to get it even to such a state to find and get all bolts open to remove the original undertray. The battery cage of course needs to be ditched as the new exhaust will be running through it, probly hiding a couple LiFePo4 packs somewhere inside the tail as the new engine will be kick only. Talking about the tail, the current tail fairing is a lost cause. About a third of it is missing and the rest is in two pieces so I`m faced with a dilemma: either hunt down an EVO2 tail which is my second favourite part of the bike after the headlights/mask area, or massage in a tail section of some other bike. Problem being since this is a 125 it`s roughly around a 3/4 scale compared to a liter bike so most big bike tails will be looking mahoosive on this frame.

Let the research commence... On evacuation til Friday this week so won`t be back in my lair til next weekend.

Reactions: Smoker and yantosh

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started thinking since I don't have the faintest clue how much fuel this thing will be needing, educated guesses about the carb size needed surely welcome. As stated the engine will most likely be a Lifan/SuperOctane RSR which is a tuned up version of a generic 140cc replacement ATV/Pitbike engine with a steeper cam and bigger valves. I'm guessing somewhere around 28mm? I remember way back going through vocational school studying for an electronics degree the car side guys kept asking us for Lambda AFR gauges, suppose in today's world with all the arduinos and whatnot a DIY kit shouldn't be too expensive and would surely help with getting the fueling where it needs to be. Don't reckon I'll be needing a wideband since I'll be carbed. Also, where in this kind of a setup should the sensor be located? Right after the cylinder? After the turbo? AFAIK it needs to be hot to work.

Reactions: yantosh

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Bike mostly loaded into the car, still missing fairings as they'll go in last after I catch my son and get him to give me his bicycle that's going in next.

First order of business when I get in my own lair tomorrow right after getting everything in is adding lightness to this behemot. It's essentially just a headlight/gauge cluster bracket and the fairing stay for the mask part, cannot really understand why is it A) cast B) so damn thick. I reckon I can chop a fair bit of weight off that thing by drilling it full of speed holes.

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Back in my own lair. Tank hinge bracket was broken and needed some mending. Not my finest work but it'll do the job.

Tried to figure out why the peckock only flows freely for a while then is reduced to a dribble, even if the tank cap is open. Couldn't find anything faulty or clogged so the hunt continues on that one.

Also started adding lightness to the headlight scoop but ran out of battery for the drill (and needed to go put the rascal to bed anyway)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts