Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

New brushes arrived today so wrestled those in, was a bit of a fight as there are no locking pin holes or anything to keep the brushes back when you push the commutator in between but managed after a few tries, none of the springs didn`t even fly off once so that`s a win. Decided to grease the far end brass bearing with Wurth high temp grease so that I first heated the endcup as hot as my hand can manage then dropped in the dollop and applied pressure with the rotor axel so as to saturate the brass bushing or so I was told to do, not sure if it did a thing but seems to be turning fine now.

And that`s what almost 200 saved euros look like, wasn`t really broken just needed some long overdue TLC.

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@Mattson this is a really nice project! A very nice chassis and a reliable engine. Can't wait to see it done, I think it will be a blast to ride!
thx mate neither can I, though this is a total on the whim project I have zero plans for, basically getting it forward as suitable parts pop up from the aether cheap enough, so far been uncharacteristically lucky. We`ll see what the future brings and when.

·
Mr. Good Kat
430 Posts
thx mate neither can I, though this is a total on the whim project I have zero plans for, basically getting it forward as suitable parts pop up from the aether cheap enough, so far been uncharacteristically lucky. We`ll see what the future brings and when.
I'm sure it will go better than planned. You've got a good karma :D By the way, can this project be registered?

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The plan is to keep it 100% road legal. The frame does have a plate but the end result will not be able to be ridden with an "A1" license which means 16yrs and 125cc up to 11kw, this will be jumped up at least a class to the "middle A" up to 25Kw, or better yet to the big leagues a "full" A with no power restrictions as far as license class goes. My only worries at this point are if the transformation percentage will be kept low enough for this to not be considered a new vehicle, and if I can find an insurance for it that`s not completely bonkers. But yes the ultimate goal for this project is to keep this thing road legal.

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Couple wee things still to do, nothing major.

Reactions: 370steve

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
4,007 Posts
Ya get a turbo for it yet?

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
No not yet, haven't even studied yet what size turbo I'll be needing. I'd really want to move to fuel injection as well if budget allows. There is no schedule for this project, so far it has nudged forward whenever I can find a good deal on a part I can use, and there's no large amounts of loose money in the foreseeable future either so might be a while til the next time something happens to this.

Reactions: 370steve

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
"so how much boost you want?"

ALL OF IT!!!!

Srsly just a total noob to this which is exactly the point why I`m doing it with a 125, while having a mostly untouched riding bike as well. Trying to pick up bits of info ATM, for example I read somewhere that on a thumper motor there should be a bit of an expansion chamber between the cylinder and the turbo to smooth out the exhaust pulse etc... Money`s pretty much tied to a new work van I should be receiving sometime this week so don`t hold your breath for a significant update anytime soon...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts