Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at my bike, and thinking it is looking better and better the more I work on it... however it is also very ghetto! (for now) I just don't have any more money to spend on it, and I also don't have access to a lot of the tools needed to fabricate parts. So! I was thinking you guys could make me feel better by posting the worst most GHETTO "Fighters" that you have ever seen!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha ok well I guess I am not the only one! Then again that's point of a fighter ya? This is my bike and I like it, if you don't then you can just continue not liking it as you are eating my dust! :wheelie:

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I've built some pretty gnarly shit that most wouldn't ride without making sure they are up to date on the medical end of things and have a life insurance policy up to date. lol

I'm not sure anyone would touch this thread with a ten foot pole unless they were posting their own bikes or shoddy stuff as we try as hard as possible to avoid slagging off one anothers builds, because like you said there is limits to time, money, tools, and skill for some of us and we do what we can with what we have. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't get me wrong, I am not wanting people to bash on others bikes! I would never want that, as mine is one of those bikes most people hate on. I just wanted to see if I was the only one out there with a bike that has hidden zip ties all over. :) I have been looking on here, and most everyone has crazy awesome builds that I could never touch, because I don't have the tools, or the skills. Anyway, I really don't care if people don't like my bike, I just wanted to see if I was the only one.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P.S. CF has been amazing help with many things that I have done on my bike recently! This is my first bike, which also means my first build. I have learned a huge amount, and have loved the encouragement from the members! I stumbled across this forum by accident, and started reading and found my love for Fighters. I will never go back! I now look at the bikes I used to like and think.. Eh whatever, but those custom FIGHTERS! They gots me droolin! :metal:

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I really can't speak on behalf of anyone else when it comes to hidden zip ties and duct tape holding things in place, but my 900RR had zip ties everywhere, even the gauges were secured with them. :D

(Not that easy to tell how much stuff was held together with zip ties. I always made the joke that they were lighter weight than hardware and Honda would be proud of the weight savings. :D)

XS Interceptor (A VF500F with a XS650 engine)... I don't even know where to start. :nuts:

My CB360 broke down more often than it was on the road. I spent more time fixing things in an attempt to not spend any money than I would have if I just dropped the coin on the dumbass problems it had to begin with. But a rat bike isn't a rat if you have thousands into it. This pic is one of the few times it got me from A to B without needing a repair. Even the midwest ride/meet for CF in 2010 was cut short by my exhaust canister making a departure from the mid pipe.

This one looked really nice but was cobbled out of old track day bits and bobs to and some really beautiful Ford white bodywork was added, looked much nicer than it was. Also shit the bed at the MWRM in 2010, fuel pump gave out, was off the VF500F that became XS Interceptor all those years before. Another one of those "avoid spending money and pay the price on a ride" sort of things.

Common theme with all those bikes is they had a tendency to have a bunch of parts on the way to fully worn out. They had zip ties everywhere under the skin, and almost none of the hardware matched at all. My attention to detail and craftsmanship will never get to the level of most of these guys, but I work hard and dedicate my time to mechanical function much more often than form, so as long as it looks okay and rides like a brand new bike, I'm happy with it at this point.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha I love this! :D Those are great! Any bike I build will be about the same. I really like the Interceptor! what did you do to lower the bars like that? and I didn't think kick start was stock, did you add that? I want to do something similar with my exhaust as well. It all just costs so much. Right now I am in the middle of adding a sigma bicycle speedo on my bike as I have read they can be very accurate.

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
There is quite the story behind that horrid Yamaha powered Honda. I built it long before I was on CF but paraphrased the build in this thread:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31882

Aaaand a video of it doing what it did best, destroy tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQj80rbwLRU

The bars that low was result of flipping them upside down and putting them under the top triple clamp.

(That was back before I had a quality camera. Times were never as good as they are right now when it comes to finances and such. I was building rat bikes out of pure necessity. I couldn't afford much more than the ultra basic parts like batteries and chains to keep my machines on the road for the first 3 or 4 years of riding the street. And my cars were worse than that, so riding was one of my only means of transport for quite some time.)

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts

My first build/bike, and my brother's too lol. 01 zuk 600, zip-tied fog lights sighted vertical instead of horizontal with wire-nuts and drilled triple with dirt bars, chopped can and too long single braided front brake line. I actually rode it at night once, light easily in the trees for about 20 ft infront of the bike.

89 kawasaki 500, acerbis(lol) light...

I loved it.

Nate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.