Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this beauty today 09 848 no title clean vin. Could be a cool track bike or that rear rim and that front end would look very fucking sexy on the zx. We shall see.
Getting her ready to go to her new home

Now she sits in my garage

Those rims *drool*

The guy I got it from said it had a electrical problem. Really. It has a key but from the looks of it he tried to hot wire it without a battery:doh:

I've got a battery on the charger. I put it on there before I left thinking the electrical problem might have something to do with a battery. So while that's still charging I'm going stay up a little late tonight and attempt to rewire what they've done. This should be interesting.

Overall though besides the obvious broken mirror missing side fairing gas cap and the botched hot wire job it's in really great shape. It's been sitting for 2 years it only has like 2k miles on it. I'm hoping that I can rewire the battery end of it throw a battery in it some gas and she'll fire up. Wish me luck

·
364 Posts
not an expert here but if the key is coded and you don't have it
she won't start from hot wiring it.
would make a good track bike or new frame with book and
back on the road with her.
not sure how its works in the states but over here in the republic of Ireland
the frame{clean with book} is what matters on the bike.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the key the guy I got it from was fucking retarted he fucked wiry the wiring trying to get it to start idk what his real intentions where but when I looked at it and said what did you try to hot wire he gave me a stupid look like yea.

Anyway I just got it to turn over I think the start siloniod is bad because I had to jump it off of it after I cleaned up the wiring. I'm getting fresh gas now and hopefully I can get her to fire by jumping it off the siloniod

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got it start for a second then died I out fresh gas with some injector cleaner in it and tomorrow I'm putting new plugs in it and checking the air filter. If it doesn't start and I can't run it down the road after that I'm swapping the rear rim and front end onto the zx. Fuck I might do that either way but I just want to at least give it a good rip down the road

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
This is a Ducati not a jap bike. You'll be in real trouble if the belts snap, which after two years sat idle they could do.

Awesome project though whichever way you go at it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I know a little about Ducati one if my best friends is a fanatic so I have learned a good bit about. The shitty part about this one is it's water cooled not air so I've got a shit ton more shit to move around if a belt does snap. But I'm not worried about changing it I'm worried about buy one.

What do you guys think I should do? Get it running put new tires on it ( the rear rim is getting put on my zx no matter what) and run it on the track or strip this bitch put the Showa forks and marchesini wheels on my zx build

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After doing a quick check My battery is fully charged and when I go to start it the voltage drops to 11-10. It goes right back up when I stop turning it over. I know when it's running and it does that it's a stator rectifier issue. Do you guys think it's my charging system? I looked it up and this bike had a recall on it's charging system.

Is there a place I can check if this bike got that done? And can I get it done even without the title just a bill of sale?
Lastly any tips on getting this bitch to fire

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GOT IT RUNNING!!!!!! On starter fluid I gotta clean the spark plugs that'll be tomorrow cuz I'm about to get drunk

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok well it seems my "friend" that was going to buy this as a whole flaked out won't answer my calls or texts so it looks like the next couple nights are going to be spent breaking it down taking pics and parting it out. So anyone interested in any parts let me know. Everything is there except front end rear wheel rear caliper ( I have another brembo rear caliper though) I may keep a few other parts but that's it so anyone interested in anything let me know through PM or post here till I break it down 100%

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what would it take to put that swinger on a zx10
If you look into the street fighter swaps there's a sticky with all the measurements I'm not sure if it's the same pivot width as the 916 that I put on my 05 636 but I can check

Crap i just ordered a 848 tails a few days ago after seeing you were selling this one lol

Let me know how much youd let the tail go for if its better than what i paid for the other one il grab it too and sell mine...
PM a offer for all the things you want tail undertail taillight seats or whatever you're wanting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts