Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YUT

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well now that the bike is at my shop I can actually do things to it. I'll at least get the fairings off today, if nothing else.

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rode the FZ-1 to work today for the first time in a month or so, since the Busa is under construction now. I always thought it was a strong bike, and it is, but damn it feels like an underpowered 600 now.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
:rock:

of with tha plastics!

Do it! Rip that front off and throw it in a shredder then burn it and throw the ashes into Mordor so that abomination of a design will never be seen on a bike again!

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do it! Rip that front off and throw it in a shredder then burn it and throw the ashes into Mordor so that abomination of a design will never be seen on a bike again!
All but the front are off!

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sleek tail will help to make a whale sized bike look a bit slimmer!
That's the plan!

Let's hear some ideas on mounting this coolant bottle...

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
I can't say I'm a fan of the tail as it is. the shapes and angles are all out. if you're trying to keep all the electronics under the seat ou might have to look into other ways of doing it. that bottom rail under the seat just kills the flow, especially when it jumps straight up to the tiny KTM-esque tail.

I did a quick MSpaint edit to show what I mean. the green is the point where the tail looks like it should reach to keep the right flow, but it is admittedly hard to tell with the angle of the photo.

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not close to being finished. The subframe you see there below the seat will be covered, and there will be an entire lower piece under the trail that I haven't made yet. All that's there right now is part of the subframe and two of the pre-composite skin pieces.

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm also thinking about shaving length from the back of the seat and increasing the length of the tail at the front to make it more proportional to the tank.

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So... Ti or stainless for the headers?
Stainless is easier to weld... and cheaper... but Ti is lighter, and it's fuckin cool.
What say ye, CF hive mind?

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You just like to do things the difficult way :fu:

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
You just like to do things the difficult way :fu:
This is very very true. What fun is it to do things the easy way?

My favorite JFK quote:

We choose to ... do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win

·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think I've heard that one before. I do like it, and put against your Duc build I feel like I have a better understanding of your thought process.
:drinks:

1 - 20 of 267 Posts