15K views 61 replies 20 participants last post by  Pariah 
#1 ·
well, i finally got a project, a wrecked daytona 675

"this pic is cool"

"home finally"

"starting to take it apart" it's more appart right now

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
whered you get it?? that first pic looks like out front of argo cycle to me in hooksett NH??? am i right?

cool bike! whats your plans for it?!

:metal:

yeah, argo, a neat place there, i could go broke easily, it'sa like a dog pound for bikes, all the sad bikes looking at you :(

the plan is
round headlight (possibly, keep getting swayed from that)
keep the clipons (dirty bars i think are hard with the triple like it is)
probably keep the yellow color, probably repaint
a shorter tail section, basically cut the pass seat out, it should be interesting with the undertail exhaust which i would like to keep, or just a gsxr style GP exhaust

open to anything right now tho

Discussion starter · #13 ·
would you be able to hack up those stock headlights and use them anyway?? they have kinda a cool look to them!

might be an option, the lights are cool, i was thinking ebay, but, i hate selling stuff there, after i get it registered i might chop the stockers up to try, i can't think of any headlight i like that won't cover up the intake :mad:

doug it's a salvage title, i heard of a trick to clean the title, or at least get an easy (costs some cash tho, pay sales tax twice) way to get the title rebuilt at least ;)

Pariah, maybe a custom triple, i am gonna see how i like it first, one of the clipons was bent, i just got woodcrafts in today, if i decise to go dirty i can always put the clipons on the GSXR :D

new tires, a buncha wiring and put'er back toghether, need to make a bracket to hold the (stock) gauges or just mount the acewell, then :letsride:

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Discussion starter · #28 ·
I'm buying a second camera. Those pictures really do suck. I have to remember to take more as shit goes down. Screaming progress on the little tramp.:rock:
P. S Thanks for all of the help on the cave.

maybe my camera phone doesn't take the best pics when it's 12° inside :LolLolLolLol:

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Ok, so, i suck at taking pics :( , but, forks are new oil and a cap was messed up on the top, replaced, about $100 worth of traxxion fork service tools later and they are back toghether

and i glued the tail back toghether, seems pretty solid, got a few things from ebay, the throttle cable tube (the other one was rashed, $10 bucks and a passenger seat (that i probably won't use much at all) oh well, still have wiring to hide, i will take some more pics soon, i have fork brackets to get and a bracket or 2 to make and mount the round headlight, then the "mild" build will be complete, registering it is next

then a sawzall and a case of beer :LolLolLolLol:

Discussion starter · #41 ·
well, after the wiring nightmare, getting everything toghether, then forgetting a plug, pull it back apart and lengthening that wire, it's toghether, and ready for registration (if anyone has any tips/tricks please let me know, i would forever be in debt to you)

crappy cell phone pics, i'll take some better actual dig camera pics at another time

major props for "hung like a martyr" for the wring "help" ok he soldered the vast majority of it, the fuse box and a buncha relays had to be lengthened and a few wires shortened to fit everything within the tight area between the frame/ airbox and tank, it's not finished by any stretch of the imagination but, it's a motorcycle again :rock:

Attachments

Discussion starter · #45 ·
The Street Triple has it's fuses and relays hidden on top of the airbox, next to the ECU, with the wiring going down the left hand side, inside the frame rail. Need any info just ask, I've got access to basically a walking encyclopedia of 675 information, as well as Triumph workshop manuals, etc. Bike looks killer, it would look better with a less boring headlight though!

you wouldn't have a picture would you??

this is sorta the "mild" build it's gotta be registered, i might get a little crazier with it after that

Discussion starter · #55 ·
wierd, i don't have that red thing, what is it??

well, the saga continues, after 325 miles, a few mountian dews, a pack of smokes, a buncha food, 18 gallons of diesel fuel, and too many hours, IT'S REGISTERED, in vermont anyway, huge props to hung like a marter :rock:

what a clusterfuck, went to DMV, got a paper, went to a garage, pissed the guy off, went to another, they didn't have the licence to inspect bikes, back to first garage, inspected, back to DMV, vin check, back to the garage to get the official sticker, they send a paper to the great state of CT and they have to review thew reg in montplier (spelling i don't give a fuck tonight) but IT'S REGISTERED

gonna ride it for a week or so and start pulling the pig apart for build numbra 2

i have a few pics (a few) but don't feel like uploading them tonight

oh and there was a wierd guy walking around in a black bra and huge glasses in springfield VT for some reason :nuts:

Discussion starter · #57 ·
s, it's winter, got some sato rearsets off ebay :rock: i am so not keeping track of a budget :LolLolLolLol: and cut a broken front fender up, i don't like it yet

mounted a gytr R6 slipon undertail style, gotta take some more pics

next i am looking for some projector lights and wanna do up some sorta mask, cut the subframe or build a new one and get some sorta tail and modify the front fender, sorta unsure of the style i am after right now

i did get it running well, the exhaust valve was all messed up, loosened it up and the cables were off, so i fixed everything and adjusted them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.