Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long Story Short I Grew up overseas in Thailand where I started off with a NSR 150 2 Stroke Track Bike Which screamed when I was 14 and then When I turned 16 I bought myself a super 4. Growing up in Thailand there was never any need to fix anything myself as my mechanic would drive the pickup truck over to the house drop off a replacement bike and take my bike and fix whatever needed to be fixed. I got the motor rebuilt on the NSR for under 150 Bucks and while he was fixing it I was given a 2010 NINJA 650 to use. Lets just say having a bike in the shop meant that I got to ride something a lot sicker then my original ride :) Anyways when I graduated high school I sold my bikes and came back to the states for College. After a year and a half I realized that I NEEDED a bike again. I just purchased my first bike that I'm planning on turning into a street fighter. Ive never really worked on a bike before but I really want to get good with bikes. Ive already decided once I graduate in a year and a half I want to take 6 months off and get some motor skills under the belt. Anyways back to the bike! A lot of the stuff that people do with SV650's have already been done. The bike has already had the following done:

1.SV650 Gen2 cams installed
2.Carbs rebuilt
3.Carbon fiber gas tank
4.Yoshimura full exhaust
5.Apex Rearsets
6.Fox aftermarket rear shock
7.2002 GSXR1000 front end
8.2006 GSXR750 rear wheel
9.Lightened rear rotor
10.Vapor gauge
11.New fuel pump installed with carbon fiber tank
12.Almost new chain and sprocket -- about 250 miles on them
13.Stainless brake lines front and rear
14.SV Racing frame sliders

However I want to make the bike my own, I have a list of things I want to do
1. Renthal low handle bars-along with Risers
2. Bar End mirrors-Bought
3. Back Seat
4. Back Pegs
5. 12-Volt Charger For GPS/ Cell Phone
6. GPS+Mount
7. Move Ignition

Ive been Looking over tons of builds on here but didn't think I could ever be a part of it until I got my own bike. Ive gotten it now I just need some warm weather to ride! Excited to learn as I go along!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question I am looking at getting Rear Passenger Pegs and Brackets and I was wondering if I had to use ones off of a SV 650 or if I could use any pegs and brackets? Thanks in advance

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Welcome to CF bud, from one SV owner to another. Your bike looks great man. I LOVE my first gen. Anyways as far as the pegs thing goes a lot of other ones will work. I think I see people using the pegs off GSXR's some times. Not sure about the brackets. I hate to do this here and usually do this on other forums to send people here, but check SVRider.com or google SV650 passenger peg swap or something like that. Googling for this kind of stuff first before making a thread or asking about it here will go a long way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to CF bud, from one SV owner to another. Your bike looks great man. I LOVE my first gen. Anyways as far as the pegs thing goes a lot of other ones will work. I think I see people using the pegs off GSXR's some times. Not sure about the brackets. I hate to do this here and usually do this on other forums to send people here, but check SVRider.com or google SV650 passenger peg swap or something like that. Googling for this kind of stuff first before making a thread or asking about it here will go a long way.
My bad, A lot of the time I just need to take the time and do some research. I ended up getting a rear seat as well as some pegs and brackets. One thing I'm looking at now is to get rid of the fender and move the licenses plate and get smaller turn signals in back. Hopefully one day ill get a custom subframe on the bike but right now its my only vehicle so anything I do I need to make sure the bike is ridable at the end of the day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts