Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought all this shit in boxes dont really have a name for it . so well call it the box of shit .

i got about 600 into this paid 400 got two motors frame with good title guy was the original owner . bunch of swing arms and bullshit . just scored a front end today off an srad with a wheel stainless lines clip ons front axel. the one motor is in running shape back cut trans , pistons cams etc . im not postive but i dont think the clip ons are stock if anyone wants to enlighten me .

as far as my front end swap goes if anyone can give me some direction . i know i need to press in my old stem into the new tripples but the steering stops on the srad tripple hit the stops on my frame which is a 1990 . if anyone can give me some insight as to what i need to do to sew this up id really appreciate it .

im going to try to get the rear tighted up and get it rolling so i can do my subframe seat tail .

i need carbs , tank , and probly a bunch of stupid shit . honestly i think i got most of it but i wont know till i start a rough assembly and my tail seat get worked out so i can sort out the wireing and electronics and such .

its gonna be black its gonna be ratty should be sweet any help comments advice is appreciated . my camera sucks im polish and i cant figure out how to fix the datestamp

·
Redneck Dumbass
5,796 Posts
That's pretty much the ultimate in fighterdom. An assorted box of random parts you make into something with 2 wheels and an engine and use whatever is laying around to do it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty much the ultimate in fighterdom. An assorted box of random parts you make into something with 2 wheels and an engine and use whatever is laying around to do it.
yeah im super stoked. ground up build . there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone wanna give me some direction on this front end swap ?? i could use a few pointers

steering stops ?? keep the ones on the frame ? or the tripple ??

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im thinking keep the ones of the triple, grind of and add a new one to the frame[/QUOte

i was leaning towards this . thanks for the reply

got my header in the mail today.

if anyone on here has a set of front rotors off of an srad tl busa i could really use them

·
407 Posts
Sure would be a hell of a lot easier to lop off the stops on the lower tripple, then just mount a bolt in the center to utilize the stock stops on the frame. Why hack up a good frame?

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
im thinking keep the ones of the triple, grind of and add a new one to the frame[/QUOte

i was leaning towards this . thanks for the reply

got my header in the mail today.

if anyone on here has a set of front rotors off of an srad tl busa i could really use them
Dont fuck around with the triple lad,that fucker needs every bit of strength it has..Do the frame,its a hell of a lot safer mate :shocker:

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
i have to disagree. i would cut the stops off the triple, then drill/tap the center of the triple and but a socket head cap screw in there. I have fixed a few lower MX triples that have broken stops off and the bolt thing works well. and on the mx bike i would slam the bar against the stops in the air. On a street bike you shouldnt hit them much.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after looking at it for about 30 minutes after reading these post it seems like the tripple will be alot easier but it can go either way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts