Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
]Hello everyone... I think my exhaust is to damn loud (for me ), I don't want to be a D-bag to my neighbors

so I'm looking for low profile mufflers with a good silencer that will keep my neighbors from hearing me from 2 miles away ...

here is a video from a cold start, so you guys can get an idea what it sounds like..

http://youtu.be/H3esK2nZJFA

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Was the engine cold? It's weird that it's struggling to rev up like that, isn't it?
But on topic: I agree with martin on perhaps a DIY baffle?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for the replays .. so mu replay took so damn long.. well i still haventsilenced my exhaust. . Yes the bike was cold on that start up.. but gets louder once she warms up... now that i have 2 extra days off each month. . Im goong to add a baffle to my pipes.. ill post videos once completed..

·
Registered
145 Posts
do what venturesomerite and myself did with our katanas. you buy an 8 inch baffle on ebay, his and my posts have pics, wrap it decent with FMF exhaust packing and then you can kinda tune it how you want. 1. the baffle is pretty aggressive so you get the back pressure you need to run her decent with out going crazy on rejetting. 2 you can silence the hell out of her with the FMF stuff. I wrapped my baffles twice and shoved them in and immediately took them out because the damn thing sounded way too quiet. I wrapped barely once around, used masking tape to keep it together and a mallet to put them in. In my opinion definatly worth the...25 bucks I believe is the total. any questions just ask, glad to help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts