Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 632 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Project: "Ghost"

Picked up my new streetfighter project yesterday. Found a screaming deal on a 1998 Ducati 916. 4200 miles, new Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa tires, 996 front end, Termi slip-ons, aluminum clutch basket. 7 hours round trip in the rain to pick her up. Sounds like a BEAST! 1st owner slid into a ditch and trashed the plastics and headlight and let it sit around. 2nd owner put the headlight on, replaced a clip-on and got it back on the road. He replaced the front fork with a 996 unit that was given to him.

I had a 748 about 5 years ago and loved it with the exception of the ergos. So this one will be different. Dirt bars and a super comfy seat. Also have an open clutch cover on order to release all the Ducati sounds.

Now I just need to find some time to work on it :rock:

·
11 Posts
Re: New fighter project! Desmo-ness.....

look forward to seeing the changes.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts

Kick ass! Love those bikes!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts

MAKE TIME PLEASE! We're watching! Congrats on the new project!

·
Suzuki rock's
106 Posts

v nice .... cant wait to c the final results ... especially as theres so many possibilitys with a bike like that :)

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts

Great bike!

·
746 Posts

Open clutch cover? Man, I just threw my damn clutch over in the trash! Done.

Good luck man, Its tricky making a fightered Desmoquatro look clean.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts

Fuckin some people have the luck...jealous much. That's my number one dream bike right there. Do it awesome!!

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MOAR PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the new and improved clutch unsilencer

The previous owner jacked the rear ride height way up and dropped the forks in the trips so this sucker leans way over on the side stand!

Lots of preventative maintenance to do on this beast. Belts need to be changed every 2 years and I doubt they have ever been changed. $90 for those + the special cam locking tool $5. Plus the service manual so I don't royally screw up my new toy $33. Plus a standard Ducati tool kit since nothing can be adjusted with standard tools $48. Needs new battery wires and regulator wires since it is a know issue that the current wires are too thin and fry which happened on my 2001 748. Lots to work on before I have the peace of mind that she will be reliable.

Also ordered the dirty bars, risers, and grips. I will need to order a custom extended throttle cable, brake lines, and clutch line once it is all mocked up.

More to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!........................................

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
That tail has gotta go, but looking nice otherwise.

1 - 20 of 632 Posts