621 - 640 of 640 Posts

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Buying another bike don't count, DW!
Can't actually tell which of us that's referring to.... Could be either. :shame: :D

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #633 ·
I took the bike apart to make room for a Triumph Street Triple which was a nice bike, but it's not for me. That left me without a running bike, so I pulled all the parts out and reassembled. Turns out I gave away some important bits, oops.

White Charcoal Ash Asphalt Wood

Stole the magnesium wheels from the 996 and it rolls.

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Steal the tank and tail too and slap some fresh belts on the motor and it runs. I had some stock exhaust cans but no clamps so Home Depot had some great clamps in stock.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Lots of small gauge rod in the scrap pile yeilded this beauty.
Asphalt Gas Automotive exterior Art Font

Lexus GS projector that has the HID bulb at 90 degrees for a lower profile. Some kind of amber LED light should get me noticed by the Prius drivers. A new Trail Tech tells me all the things I don't care about.
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Swapped the tank out for a spare from Fleabay that somebody tried their artistic talents on and cleared over :/
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Yellow

The signals blow a fuse, the low fuel warning light is wired wrong, I shorted the neutral warning LED, the suspension is set too high, I probably went with too large of a rear sprocket since it wheelies like crazy and the wiring looks like hell, but it's perfect! The void has been filled. Now back to the other bike.

621 - 640 of 640 Posts