Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
My wife thinks Im working
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Mikuni RS38 smoothbore flatslides with filters. only 100 road miles. Very clean, bike ALWAYS garaged. APE current retail on this setup is $850 plus tax. I'll take $500 and will also throw in a set of powder coated 2" aluminum velocity stacks. All parts in exceptional condition. Buyer pays shipping from Portland, Or.

Serious inquiries only, please no hagglers. I'm ready to box them up and ship them out. Call me at 971.282.3431 if you want to buy them. You won't get a better deal than this!...at least I hope not, :)

Thanks, Greg

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
run velocity stacks with filters?? it's either, or..

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
run velocity stacks with filters?? it's either, or..

Right thats what I was asking. Now that I see the horn on the end of them I know it wont work. Oh well Id rather have something to filter out foreign debris. Im never selling mine now after seeing what these go for used. I got one HELL of a deal lol. thanks again to GSF1200R and The1!

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, run stacks on the track but not recommended on the road unless you don't mind wrecking your valve seats. thanks for asking, glad you got a great deal. I like them both but CV's seem easier to tune...then again the smoothbores give gobs of power to the right setup. cheers!

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
What are they currently tuned for? as in what motor with what mods are you running them on?

I would be very interested.

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe that's just my opinion based on my set up...or maybe it's just a Bandit thing.

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are they currently tuned for? as in what motor with what mods are you running them on?

I would be very interested.
wiseco 1216, gsxr cams and clutch, Dyna coils, complete head rebuild, yoshimura 4-2-1. What I'm really after is the crispyness and lighter throttle of the OEM setup. It's much better for wheelies. There are many things I love about the Flatslides; opens up nicely, gobbs of power! And perhaps they are easier to tune, I just know how to tune Bandits very well because that's my bike of choice; has been for 10 years. I've even had Flatslides on a mildly tuned B12 and they performed very well. They are big drinkers and the bike pulls super hard and fast. They roll-on nicely, but the OEm carbs are what I need for high speed wheelies (80mph+) because they provide a more precise delivery.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Now if JJ didn't hijack you're thread I'm defiantly going to 80+ mph wheelies on a b12? Pics/vidor it didn't happen

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
wiseco 1216, gsxr cams and clutch, Dyna coils, complete head rebuild, yoshimura 4-2-1. What I'm really after is the crispyness and lighter throttle of the OEM setup. It's much better for wheelies. There are many things I love about the Flatslides; opens up nicely, gobbs of power! And perhaps they are easier to tune, I just know how to tune Bandits very well because that's my bike of choice; has been for 10 years. I've even had Flatslides on a mildly tuned B12 and they performed very well. They are big drinkers and the bike pulls super hard and fast. They roll-on nicely, but the OEm carbs are what I need for high speed wheelies (80mph+) because they provide a more precise delivery.

They sound like good carbs, but I think they too much for what I need, and rather than change a whole bunch on them I'm gonna let someone else make use of 'em!

Thanks for the reply and here's a free bump.:shocker:

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now if JJ didn't hijack you're thread I'm defiantly going to 80+ mph wheelies on a b12? Pics/vidor it didn't happen
First, 80/90mph wheelies on a Bandit 1200 is almost effortless, at least for me. Second. I'm not here to prove anything. I learned my wheelies from the best...Paul Gower and Dodge. I don't need vids or pics.
Last, my post is to sell my carbs, so quit hijacking my thread.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
First, 80/90mph wheelies on a Bandit 1200 is almost effortless, at least for me. Second. I'm not here to prove anything. I learned my wheelies from the best...Paul Gower and Dodge. I don't need vids or pics.
Last, my post is to sell my carbs, so quit hijacking my thread.

Hey anyone know where I can get a good hydraulic press for the shop?:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts