Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get Mikuni's from? This is my first time seeking them for a bike and would highly appreciate the help. Oh and here are some pics of the bike they are going on.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
We're gonna need more info. Are you wanting aftermarket Mikuni RS flatslides, or just Mikuni's CV's from say a Gsxr, etc?

Later, Doug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I'm looking for carbs for an 82 cb750. Im a noob to this site and to the mikuni but I was told to get the RS. I need to educate myself a little more on the CV's. Are the CV's from a GSXR a direct bolt on or would I need to make mods?

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
The RS's are some very nice carbs. I have a set to go on one of my projects but they typically need a built engine to run well. Do you have a piston kit, cams, porting, anything like that? As for the Gsxr carbs, they are CV (constant velocity) like the one's you have on the bike pictured. I was just using them as an example of other Mikuni carbs.

Later, Doug

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
^^x2

They are pricey but the CRs are the most common upgrade for these bikes...just type it in on google. I will try to find the site but there is a company that you can buy them from, tell them your make/model/year and they will set your carbs up so they will at least be close. As soon as I can afford them, i'm gonna get a set for my CB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I've done a lot of research since yesterday and I have a few questions. I've looked into the CR's and was reading that these carbs at times run into driveability issues. Can anybody give confirm that they do or do not? Also I've been looking into the mikuni vm34's from speedmotoco. I spoke with a guy named Monte Campbell yesterday and he was telling me that i could go to a Mikuni 26-28 from an older KZ900-1000 and get adapters so that they hook up(Prob wont do this).

So my ultimate problem as of now is that my CV carbs are leaking from the over flow and I've replaced the carbs one other time and it did the exact same thing. My mechanic told me that they arent fixable and to just get new ones but I've spoken to a few different ppl in the last few days and they are saying every CV carb is repairable. Could you guys give me some insight.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Sounds like you have a worn float valve. The needle valve should be replaceable and possibly the seat. If the seat isn't replaceable, you can take a Q-tip and some polishing compound and lap it a bit. I've never heard of non-rebuildable set of carbs although there could be one somewhere.

BTW, a new needle valve can be found here.

Later, Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts