Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the state of Georgia and unless I trailer my bike, I may only ever drive it in the lower parts of South Carolina as well. It's an '89 GSXR and I want to keep the dual headlight look but move to a pair of small 1200 lumen CREE LED headlights. The question I have; is there a minimum diameter of a motorcycle headlight? Just one of these lamps puts out as much as a regular car headlight in lumens and has a 200 meter throw so I'm putting out more light than the original halogens. I just like the tiny light look. It'll clean up the front of my triple tree.
thanks,

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Just off cuff, I would say no there is no size restrictions. You may wind up running into trouble with glare and dazzling oncoming drivers though.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
I was looking at those on ebay. Do you have a set on hand now? If so, can you get a pic tonight of the actual light output?
Same here.

I doubt there is a minimum size. The Buell Firebolt has little projector lights, as do many other bikes.

·
Noobie
2,644 Posts
a friend of mine said, that projector style CREE LED is a foglamp, if it were used as a headlight, it will blind the oncoming traffic. just like what crystal_skull said...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, Hrdy.

what headligts could I use that are smaller bullet cans in black? I want to have that look and make sure I have more than enough visilbility but don't want to blind folks either.

a friend of mine said, that projector style CREE LED is a foglamp, if it were used as a headlight, it will blind the oncoming traffic. just like what crystal_skull said...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts