Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! So for a cool
5 grand, I scooped a perfect ninja 599 from a pal. Not a smudge or scratch, 100% stock, and only 4,000 miles. Two weeks after the purchase, I was confident with the bike and confident that clip-ons suuuuck. So naturally, I removed all the plastics, removed the muffler, tucked the brake light, etc. etc... everything except addressing the bars. Y'know, completely @ss backwards. If you happen to follow any of my projects, you'll notice that this is an ongoing trend. So, without further ado, pictures!

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF 599! Beautiful bike there...:D More pics of what you've done please? ;)

Reactions: 599zx6r98

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How she sits today. Front fender obviously returning, rear brake res tucked, tag relocated, still need a turndown pipe for the exhaust. Tank and tail coated with Armor All Custom Shield, an aerosol spray-on, peel-off vinyl. Headlight is from my 86' Yama Maxim (non-runner). Turn signal delete, muffler delete, exhaust valve servo delete, passenger stay delete, and bar end mirror. Just gotta tuck the wires, and I'll finally address the bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow...that stuff looks really good. The bike also looks great. After seeing that I'm seriously considering doing my bike now. How many cans did you use? How does it compare to plasti-dip and how resilient is it?

That headlight looks great too. I need to post up a pic of my dominators, some days I like them, other days I really wish I had of went with one more like yours.

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
First off, welcome!

Is that your stock tail unit with just the black plastics removed from here and there? Looks real nice and sleek.
What are you thinking of to fill in the gaps? Fiberglassed custom pieces would be a bit harder I guess but they'd still look better than that gap atm..
You could also perhaps go with mesh. I've seen it hide some gaps well.

Reactions: 599zx6r98

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow ants...you just blew my mind. For weeks I've been trying to think of what to do with my bare subframe and you just hit the nail on the head. Mesh sounds like a cheap, easy, and good looking way for me to hide my gaps. Thank you sir.

However back to his bike. It may not be the imaginative approach, but I'd stick with the stock plastics. At least the upper one.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcom in mate ,looks like ya do yer wrenchin out side of Target?

are ya gonna do tha durt bar conversion?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In regards to the spray coating, it seems to be fairly tough with the proper amount of coats (3-4). I have managed to scuff a little off the tail, but to be fair it was a pretty good kick I gave it.

In regards to body gaps, I've got some 16 gauge aluminum sheet that I'll probably fab up and rivet in.

I regards to location, that last pic is actually at Autozone, the $hithole where I work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts